General Area in Bethpage>Question Details

Ed Hodkinson, Real Estate Pro in Levittown, NY

So far in my few months in real estate I've had 3 buyers that I'm working with. My question to everyone is when looking up school districts

Asked by Ed Hodkinson, Levittown, NY Sat Feb 19, 2011

are there any websites you would recommend that I could find a ranking of Long Island School Districts?

Ed

Answers

5
It's in the buyer(s) best interest to research schools on their own--offering any school advice could lead to potential Fair Housing Violations...therefore always recommend they visit the school website, or check with th NYS Department of Education, etc.; or ask your broker owner how to handle such situations....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 19, 2011
Good answers below, Anna's answer is entirely accurate. Unless the Buyer tells you specifically what they want tell them you can try to arrange meetings with any administrators they care to talk to or point them to the websites(link to your own website as well).
Ed, do you have a website of your own? If so, provide a link to something like " http://;www.schoolreports.com" or anything similar of your choice.

That way, not only can you be the legal "source of the source," but you are also getting the potential client onto your website as a gateway to the answers.

And Ed, if you ever give thought to giving other brokers a chance, anyone who asks the question you did, I would be happy to welcome aboard.
Hello Ed,
I would think that the Long Island school districts have their own web sites for information about the schools. Most of them will have a link to the school reports which contain a lot of data about the individual schools and their performance. I suggest that you "Google" Long Island , NY Schools but here is a link I found which might be helpful:
http://www.longisland.com/schools.php

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Here we use what is called Buyers Advisory, that includes live links to crime stats, school districts and etc. Do you have a buyers advisory or buyers notice there in Long Island?