General Area in Warm Springs>Question Details

KC Weng, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Smell in Warm Springs, Fremont, CA near Dixon Landing?

Asked by KC Weng, San Francisco, CA Sun Mar 25, 2012

I am interested in the properties in the Warm Springs, Fremont neighborhood (CA 94539, 94538). Some are very close to Dixon Landing Rd and I am concerned about the smell from the landfill. Is it a problem in that area?

Answers

5
The only person who can really answer this to your satisfaction is ... you. You really need to go there on a few different types of days and use your nose. In reality, it depends a lot on how sensitive your nostrils really are … my wife can smell things I cannot, and so is obviously bothered by smells more than I am. Women overall seem to have a better sense of smell than men.
you will know the answers if you ask people live in the area. Everyone has a different opinion..
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2012
I agree with Brian, I live off automall and sometimes I can smell it or the one at the end of automall. It does not seem to be a big enough problem to stop people wanting to live there. But as stated its really a personal decision, if you feel you cannot tolerate it then you may want to choose another area....Dawn.
Web Reference: http://DawnRivera4Homes.com
KC:

Primarily during the summer months, there is a smell that can occur from the Dixon Landing landfill when the right combination of heat, wind direction, and one's outside proximity combine.

I have personally come across this while viewing the newer attached housing bounded by Kato Road and Warm Springs Blvd.; however, I have never personally considered it to be absolutely overpowering.

Perhaps you might consider knocking on a few doors in the neighborhood you are considering and asking for feedback regarding your concern.

-Steve
Thanks for the comments!
Flag Mon Mar 26, 2012
It does not seem to be a problem with the many of hunderds (or thouands) of people living in the Warms Springs / Mipitas area. Location, schools, re-sale all seem to do very well.

However, if you feel you do not like it or if it effects your health or life somehow - then you should think about a different area.

You may consider talking to friends or residents in this area and see how they feel.
Hope this helps.
~ Brian
Thanks for the comments!
Flag Mon Mar 26, 2012