General Area in Silver Lake>Question Details

Trulia Los A…, Other/Just Looking in Los Angeles, CA

Silver Lake really the 'Hipster Haven' they are known for?

Asked by Trulia Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA Thu Oct 11, 2012

According to Forbes, Silver Lake is 'America's Hippest Hipster Neighborhood'. Do you agree with Forbes? Do you think being a hipster neighborhood has been a positive thing for Silver Lake?

Check out the Forbes article here:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/morganbrennan/2012/09/20/america…

Answers

10
SERGEY FEDNOV *** 424-777-9377’s answer
I like Silver Lake area - I think in many ways this definition can apply to this area of LA. Lots of nice cool places, bars, restaurants, etc... Untraditional decor and you can feel Art in the air :)

I think its a good thing and I do believe it makes this area a bit more unique and attractive to certain people. I enjoy going out there every time!

Hope this info will help you!

Please contact me anytime!

______________________________
Free Consultation 424-777-9377

Help with any Real Estate Transaction Buy & Sell!

Thank you for your time.

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855) ext. 777.

Sergey Fednov
President - Realtor
- Trust Sale Realty -
Residential & Commercial Real Estate
_______________________________
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855
Phone: 424-777-9377
Fax: 310-356-4925
http://www.TrustSale.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 11, 2012
Being a native Angelino, I think like most people in the city we're tired of the words 'hipster' and 'loft', but... I have lived in many parts of the city (the Valley, Westside and the Eastside) and have always gravitated more towards the hip Eastside. I'm especially partial to the Silver Lake area because it is the epicenter of the coolness of the Eastside, and it doesn't hurt that the neighborhood is sandwiched between Los Feliz (which is a little sleepier and refined) and Echo Park (which is a little more vibrant and urban). And now with the continued revitalization and growth of Hollywood and Downtown LA, geographically Silver Lake just keep becoming more relevant.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 25, 2014
It is a very cool & desirable neighborhood ,young people love the area,it is a great place to walk ,go get a coffee & browse around .Good Luck !
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 23, 2014
It is "coolness" personified.
"...daddy don't you know that things go in cycles
Way that Bobby Brown is just amping like Michael"
I can say I have seen Silver Lake change for the better in the last 10 years. More and more restaurants/parks/outdoor farmers markets/festivals/art.. are popping up all the time...

http://www.theeastsiderla.com/2012/09/its-official-silver-la…

check out this article on Silver Lake..

Hope this helps.
Silver Lake is a great place to live and yes, it does have it's own culture. Prices have been pushing up over the last 8-10 years. I remember when some homes in Silver Lake were in need of major repairs. BUT now, those same homes have been renovated and look great! So are the prices in the same areas.

Yeprem P. Davoodian
No neighborhood taken over by hipsters could ever be considered a "positive thing". In an effort to make things "better" with all of their "vintage boutiques" and such, the neighborhoods that were once a best-kept secret for locals gets invaded by a swarm of pretentious hipster locusts who have the audacity to think their presence makes a neighborhood better. All I'm seeing is a bunch of people driving up the price of the last few affordable neighborhoods in Los Angeles leaving the people who can't afford to live on the west side with no place to go except South of the 10 freeway and way the hell east to areas that NO ONE moves to Los Angeles to live in, like Pomona, Lancaster, San Bernadino, and Palmdale.
I've lived in and around Silver Lake for many years. Yes, Silver Lake is very hip, but it's lost a lot of the diversity for which it was known, and it's much more expensive in every way. It's losing a lot of its grit and charm and has become rather glitzy, so many buyers are choosing other northeast L.A. areas instead, such as Highland Park, Eagle Rock, El Sereno and Mt. Washington. Has it been a good change? It depends on who you ask, how long they've lived in the community and how much change they've lived through. Some people on the west side of L.A. are still calling Silver Lake "up and coming." It all depends on your perspective.

Diane McDonald
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 14, 2012
I know Silverlake well. Artists, musicians, and people in just about every aspect of the entertainment industry live there, as well as many people who work in downtown Los Angeles. Many of the homes there have been added onto and remodeled, with views from the hillsides where they are built. There are condominiums, single family homes, as well as income properties.
But the area has become pricey in the last 20 years. If you have any further questions, please call me at 818-730-8635, or e-mail me at rholcwl@pacbell.net.
Clint Lohr, Keller Williams Media Center-- Burbank
I am looking at a 4-plex at " 2116 KENT ST". do you think it is a good area to buy? Is it a "up and coming" area or good area per sake?
Flag Wed Nov 21, 2012