General Area in Dallas>Question Details

Tao, Home Buyer in Mississippi

Seven Hills -Anyone live here? It looks huge, but seems to have nice amenities, but are they overrun with

Asked by Tao, Mississippi Mon Jun 16, 2008

kids in the summer? Is it just too huge? Are the home quality built? Schools good? Any recommendation / suggestions / info appreciated

Answers

5
I live in Edenwood and my ex-wife lives in 7 hills. Similar neighborhood plans, but Edenwood started about the time the bubble burst and has a fraction of the residents.....which is good or bad depending on your preference for neighbors. Both have giant pool complexes. 7 hills pools are definitely crowded! My kids and I often have four pools to ourselves in the summer in edenwood.
Amenties look nice. Pool overrun with kids yes! Basketball courts always having problems.Home quality good. VERY strick HOA. Does have great schools. Would I buy again in seven hills NO.
If you are feeling over whelmed with the sheer size of Seven Hills. You should look into a new subdivision just down the street. Edenwood is located between Seven Hills and Bentwater. Just down Harmony Grove Church Rd. I believe it is also a master planned community with very nice sized amenities that you cannot get lost in. Wonderful builders and the same great schools. Best of luck to you!
Web Reference: http://www.edenwood-fun.com
Tao,

Seven Hills is a great community!

The neighborhood is in a great location and attracts many buyers who are looking to work in the Duluth, Alpharetta, and Suwanee/Johns Creek area.

Homes are well built, but you may come across some that could use some updating. The investment in this community would be worth making minor changest to the home such as fixtures, countertops, possibly cabinet colors etc.

As for kids I will have to agree with Donna. It's not overrun, but these are great family neigborhoods in a good school dist. so that is one of the things that makes it a great community.
Hi Tao, I can tell you from personal experience that the schools are good, esp the elementary school. Both of my kids went to the Elementary school for Seven Hill, which Shelton Elementary. Shelton has always had really good test school (at least while my kids went there). They just built in the last couple years a new Middle school and High School and my kids are going to now and am pretty pleased with them so far. Seven Hills is a large neighborhood, but is built to be that way. It is center around families. It has great amenities from a great water, tennis courts, playing fields, walking trails to access to Pumkinvine Creek. I don't believe there any more kids in this neighborhood than other neighborhood like this one. Other similar neighborhood just up the street is Bentwater. The builders are well known builders to be some of Atlanta's leading builders. Seven Hills is developed by Cousins, therefore I would think builders are carefully selected. Seven Hills was also named Community of the Year. It really has a lot to offer if this is the type of lifestyle that you want to lead. Prices range from $200 to $600. Call me at 770-378-7374 if you like to discuss more.