NewHomeBuyer, Home Buyer in Clifton, NJ

Second home in Mountain Dale?

Asked by NewHomeBuyer, Clifton, NJ Mon Jun 24, 2013

Hi - We live in the New York City area and are thinking of buying a second home somewhere outside the city that we can go to on the weekends. Mountain Dale seems to be nice and is within 2 hours. Does anyone have any suggestions/comments about the area? We would only be there on the weekends so the house would be empty most of the time - Is that likely to be an issue?

Thanks.

Answers

4
Deborah (debi) Heines Rarely Use Email’s answer
Hi Ms 2nd home buyer...I used to live in Long Island & now Orange County for last 16 years. My husband Commutes to the City for work. After the Tapanzee & then 287 to 87 North then to Rt 17 and exit off to 17M whew! An hour and 20 minutes. THE PROBLEM... if you come up here for Holidays or anytime in the Fall with the leaves turning and all the Apple picking, you better be prepared to stay until Monday to go home! The TRAFFIC is just awful! My point, I do have 1... make sure wherever you go you wont dred going home and the traffic isn't bad, it really ruins the whole idea of a vacation place to relax & such...and the $$$ spent! PS- Have you thought of Pa.? You may be closer and wont pay such high taxes. Milford , Shahola & many areas I don't know I have never heard a complaint about. PSS-Whats funny is I just looked at a house online in Mountaindale & for the sq. feet & price im now looking a few miles away in Woodbourne. I am looking for a year round residence. PSSS- LOL ALOT of people like to go to "The River", the Delaware and there are some places up Rt. 97 for Sale. I don't know your age or what you are looking for but sooo many people love tubing, rafting etc. Different times of the summer the water is calm & others a bit rough & then theres great places to nosh afterwards. I am a chatty one aren't I! I have a small store in my home at the moment & looking to re-locate and just talk to people all the time. If you ever need work done of any kind on what you purchase my son will travel up to an hour. He has been a General Contractor for 16 years. Wherever you go, whatever you do, the Very Best of Luck to you... that rhymed on accident. lol I am 60 & disabled but still Love Life! My # (914) 443-8958 I think I had 6 PS's in there! Debi Heines Feel free to call for ...anything!
Traffic, really? I've never found that to be too huge of a problem. I'm often coming into Sullivan County on Route 17 on a Friday afternoon/evening & the traffic always seems to be flowing at 55 to 65 mph & faster. It has never seemed much slower to me in the eastbound lane on a Sunday either. If traffic is the worst issue you've encountered, this area is heaven.
Flag Wed May 21, 2014
Mountaindale, aka Mountain Dale, is a wonderful community that is quiet and safe. There are many second home owners here who enjoy our natural beauty and wonderful area amenities. If you haven't already made your purchase, I hope you will consider us and come see one of the great bargain properties that are available. It's extremely rare that you hear about a home being vandalized, but there are several inexpensive alarm companies if you prefer to go that route.
Hi. I am a native of Sullivan County and know the area very well. I would be happy to discuss your needs for your Summer Home. Please feel free to give me a call so I can get a feel for what you are looking for.

Suellen Magnetico
PennyWise Properties
845-791-0517
There are many people who have weekend homes all throughout the area. One of the things I suggest for my second home buyer clients is to provide me with a list of wants and needs and a general area to search in. I then send them listings that meet their criteria and then put together a tour of several homes and areas that interest them. I would suggest the same to you. My office is on the corner of Orange Ulster and Sullivan counties. I would be happy to help you find the perfect second home for you.
Hello Patricia, Im the Debi that just wrote back that extremely long reply to the woman looking for a second home as well & I saw you. Its funny, I didn't know all 3 counties met. What is your Brokers Address? I am also looking for a home. Please call me when you are able: (914) 443-8958 Thank You, Debi
Flag Sat Apr 5, 2014