General Area in San Jose>Question Details

Hollie, Home Buyer in Tracy, CA

Sch E or Sch C?

Asked by Hollie, Tracy, CA Sat Feb 27, 2010

If we are qualified for Real Estate Professional by IRS , which Sch we should use for rental income/loss? Sch E or Sch C?

Help the community by answering this question:


I file my rentals on a Schedule E but check with your tax advisor.
If you do not have one, I recommend Dorothy Kather at 650 960-1520 or
Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 28, 2010
Best resource for that type of information is a tax professional or CPA. There are also some other guidelines on
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 28, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer