General Area in Manchester>Question Details

asarah2, Home Owner in York, PA

Safety of Manchester, PA area

Asked by asarah2, York, PA Tue Jan 8, 2013

Just wondering how safe the area of manchester, pa is?

Answers

3
If I needed this info, I'd call the twp ship authoritys and ask them. Nothern Regional Police could help.
Ken Gerrick, Prudential Bob Yost, Homesale Services York, Pa. 717 718-8534
I have lived in Manchester since Sept 2009 and have never seen nor heard of any crimes, at all. Have left doors unlocked when gone over the weekend, (by mistake, of course) and nothing was taken. I also have the bad habit of leaving my car doors unlocked, and even when there have been packages clearly sitting on the seat, I have never had anything taken from my car either. I have taken walks by myself at night a few times ( I am a female posting from my husbands account ) and my school aged daughter, not quite in middle school yet, has walked to and from school on several occasions. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND BEING RECKLESS OR DISREGARDING SAFETY. ALSO ALWAYS BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS AND KNOW BASIC SAFETY GUIDELINES. With that being said, I feel comfortable in saying this really seems to be a friendly, fun and safe community to raise a family in.
We as Real Estate agents can not comment on neighborhood . We are sworn by the code of ethics.

Call the local police dept, if you have a house in mind go there and ask the neighbors.
Look online at the sex offenders list.
Google crime stats.