General Area in Sammamish>Question Details

Ray5, Other/Just Looking in Sammamish, WA

Rental market for single-family homes in Sammamish?

Asked by Ray5, Sammamish, WA Tue Jan 10, 2012

What is the rental market like In Sammamish...specifically for 3-4 bedroom homes? I've seen a few listings on Trulia but there aren't many. We are looking to move up to Sammamish from Phoenix in July 2012 and will have to rent for a few years until we are able to sell our home in Phoenix. What might the rental market be like in early summer? We are hoping to keep the rent to $2500/mo or less. Thanks!

Answers

10
Thank you everyone for your help!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 10, 2012
Ray5,
As a longtime resident of Sammamish, let me welcome you. We are big fans of the area and work with folks coming to the area for the first time on a regular basis. We have great schools, parks and lots of other recreation opportunities close by.
Rentals are always on the market. I did a quick search of the current offerings and have included a link to them below. As I write this there are 22 available from $1390 per month on the low side to $5000 on the upper. Most 3-4 bedroom single family homes will be between $1800 to $3000 depending on size, location, updates etc.
If you need some help, don't hesitate to contact us. We love to help.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 10, 2012
I agree that you should have no problem finding a rental in that price range. Even better then agents sending you listings is for you to go to Craigs list Seattle & type in Sammamish & 3+ bedrooms. Have you considered just renting out your home in Phoenix. This is a great time to buy & a lousy time to sell. If you rent there, then you might be able to buy here right away & not sell there till the market comes back. Give me a call if you want to discuss this possibility. I am both a loan originator & a real estate broker so I can help you with almost any of it. 206-841-9976
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 10, 2012
Hi Ray,

My office is in Sammamish so I'm very familiar with the area. The Sammamish rental market has gotten very tight over the past year. It seems people are electing to rent rather than buy so vacancy is low and rents have gone up.

I've also had several relocation clients who are homeowners in other states, but have become landlords, and then tenants when they relocate.

Right now, I'm seeing 5 active "for rent" home listings in Sammamish with 3+ bedroom and 2+ bathrooms for rent at $2,500 or under. I would be happy to email you listings if you would like to get an idea of what to expect when you get here.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 10, 2012
The rental market is hopping in most markets around Seattle. You shouldn't have a problem finding a home for around $2500. I'd touch base around May so we can put you on an auto feed of available properties. That way we can be ready to preview when you are able to make the trip to find a place!
Dee Owens - ReMax Integrity - 206-954-4663
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 10, 2012
Thank you again, everyone. I am happy to hear there will probably be a decent inventory when we need it this summer. I will touch base as we get closer to the moving date.
The rental market in the area is very good. Things are renting pretty fast, but new inventory comes on all the time.
Hi Ray5,

I have sold Sammamish, also known as the Plateau, for over 20 amazing years. For $2500 / month, or a little less, you can find the type of home you are describing. It is definitely an "Owner's market" here and good rentals are going very quickly.

Trulia does not have all the rental properties, because only some agents and only some companies dowload data to them. A lot of rental properties are just advertised on Craig's list. There are a decent number listed in the Northwest MLS and I would be happy to set up a search for you, so you can become very familiar with what is available.

Sammamish has a small percentage of rental homes because it is mainly a demographic of a high percentage of home ownership. I have a great website with links to information about all the cities in the Seattle Area, http://www.karenmcknight.com . Click on the About The Area link. You can also set up your own search at http://buyandsellseattlerealestate.com , or I can set up one for your through the Northwest MLS.

Good luck in your search.

Warm Regards,
Karen
Hi there

Thanks for your inquiry about rentals in Sammamish. We have lived here for 11 years and know the area so well.
Shane and I are happy to answer any questions for you and look forward to working with you.

Send me your email address and I will provide you with the homes currently available in that price range and that will give you a rough idea of the area and the homes here.

Our number is 206.915.7653 and our email is shane-anne@live.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Shane and Anne
Web Reference: http://www.shane-anne.com
Hi Ray,
I happen to be an agent in the Issaquah/Sammamish area and rents in the area are typically going to run you around 1 dollar per square foot. There are some areas that may be a little more expensive and some a little less. Let me know if you would like me to send you a few so you can get a feel for what you can get for your money.

Warmly,
Leanna Young
The Cascade Team
425-829-1029