General Area in Rochester>Question Details

Richard, Home Buyer in England, AR

Rental Property

Asked by Richard, England, AR Sun Nov 30, 2008

I am looking to buy an investment property and was wondering what the demand for rental property was like in Rochester? Are there any shortage of properties eg 4 bed family homes or multi homes?
Any advice would be much appreciated
Regards
Richard

Answers

3
Deborah RennaHynes’ answer
I purchase my first of many doubles in 1979 when I first move to Rochester. I was a new teacher to the area. At that time and didn't know the first thing about buying home, let alone being a landlord. The investment proved to be a good one. Over the last 30 years I have continued to buy and sell investment properties in this area. Mostly Multi-Family properties and some singles. When my clients ask about getting into the investor market. I first ask them to speak with their financial planner.etc, as there are a number of reasons why one should purchase and get into the investment game... It's not as easy as one would think.. yet its not that difficult. I work with a number of investors from all over the world. They most difficult thing when you are from overseas is finding a mortgage. There are a number of processes that one has to go thru in order to get a mortgage here in the US, different the in the UK.. but sometimes we can find private financing. Next, is finding the RIGHT property manager. This can make or break the investment. But the real answer to your question is that there is never a shortage. There are new homes on that go on the Market every day, as there are homes that get sold. I hope that helps!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 12, 2008
Like Gail mentioned earlier ... Rochester has great opportunities for investors. It has been named as one of the best places to purchase rental properties in the nation. There are many different single family and multi family homes that would work well for the investor on the market today.

If you'd like to contact me at your convienence ... I can walk you through the process. I also have contacts of some very good property managers that can handle the management of the properties once you secure them.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Michael Walker
Century21 Premier Properties
585-645-1258
Mike@MIkeWalkerHomes.com
I own rental property in Rochester...I lease to Section 8 which is government subsidized and have been very pleased with the outcome.

You must have excellent representation there...I have been burned by property management companies and it took a long time to get the right person to manage.

contact me off line and I will give you the name of my Realtor. Contact me at Gail@GailGladstone.com
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 30, 2008