General Area in Poway>Question Details

Elaine Tyler, Renter in San Diego, CA

Relocating to Poway, Ca. I wanted to rent a 3 or more bedroom home. How is the rental market in this area?

Asked by Elaine Tyler, San Diego, CA Tue Jul 9, 2013

Answers

3
Good Day!

Rentals in Poway go quick. As you probably know, Poway offers a great community, close to the city and beaches, yet more affordable, and an award winning school district.

I would suggest when you find one you like, grab it. Most rentals in the area come on and off the market very quickly.

I have found craigslist to be the best resource for rentals in the Poway area. Of course, be diligent and research the property and the owner prior to signing contracts or exchanging money (there are scams out there). Also, the the rental looks to be to good to be true, know you didn't "find a deal", you more likely "found a scam".

Best of luck!

David Rudd
Hello Elaine,

There are currently 10 detached homes in 92064 with a minimum of 3 bedrooms on the Multiple Listing Service available for rent. The rental market is certainly hot with vacancy rates below 5%. There are other sources you can utilize on your own (Trulia, Zillow, Backpage, Craigslist, SignonSanDiego) but please be very aware of possible scams out there unfortunately, If you elect to work with an agent/professional, they should be able to help you out. Another idea to consider since it sounds like you know where you'd like to be is driving around the various neighborhoods as owners may put up a "for rent" sign in their front yard.

In the event you'd like the list of properties currently available through the MLS, I'd be happy to share that with you. Also, if you have specific questions about any of the areas in Poway, I should be able to help you out. All the best and welcome to the "City in the Country".

Chad Basinger, REALTOR®, CPA, CFP®
858-997-3704
chad@chadbasinger.com
Web Reference: http://www.chadbasinger.com
Hi Elaine...the rental market is competitive...one of the better sources for rentals is craigslist...there is some nonsense...but it tends to be ore up to date than many other sites...

GOOD LUCK!