General Area in Miami>Question Details

Frank, Home Buyer in Pennsylvania

Relocating to Miami and will be working south of downtown (Mercy Hospital area) for several years then

Asked by Frank, Pennsylvania Wed Jul 2, 2008

relocating office to 195 area of downtown. Looking at areas with good, public , middle and high schools and considering Palmetto Bay and Weston with the latter maybe being better once the office relocates a bit closer. For single family homes in the $500,000 range, are there any other areas to consider. Many thanks in advance.

Answers

7
I will agree with some of my counter parts and say that it is a great time to buy. Rates are still good and inventory is high and sellers are feeling the pinch. A buyer's paradise. Weston seems a bit far for your work. I would recommend areas such as Coral Gables, the Roads, Miami Springs, Miami Shores or if you prefer further north I would say considering North Miami Beach or Miami Lakes (a bit west). In addition, I would strongly consider Aventura, there is a wonderful community called Aventura Lakes, the city has wonderful amenities such as city police, four parks for city resident use only including a small water park and pet park. The schools are wonderful as Aventura has its own Charter School system rated A+ for several consecutive years. In addition, you would have Aventura Mall, Bal Houbor plus amazing dinning throughout the city. I recommend checking out the cities website.

Thank You,

David Gonzalez
786-295-6797
Web Reference: http://www.arealtyteam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 3, 2008
Frank I forgot to mention, right now there are alot of programs on the financing/mortgage side that are real attractive. For example there are programs where you can purchase your new home with only 3% down. Also interest rates are still realtively low which means, all other things being equal, lower mortgage payments!
Web Reference: http://www.leonmortgage.com
How are you Frank? Great idea, Palmetto Bay and Weston are two great areas. They have great schools, clean, and have a warm family atmosphere. I would also consider maybe coral gables. Another fantastic thing is 500,000 dollars is worth alot more today for buying a home than a couple years ago, so youre getting alot more bank for your buck! If you have any furthur questions feel free to contact me. My name is Javier. I'd be glad to help. Take care.
Hi Frank,
This a great time to look for a home in Weston - my Coldwell Banker office is located in Weston Town Center and our knowledge of the area is phenomenol. Though Broward has been hard hit by the depreciation of home values, areas like Weston with fantastic schools have fared better than those areas with schools scoring below A-level.
Weston allows commuters many options to go north, east or as you must, south. Specific to your situation, I am referring to I75 to the Gratigny Parkway, then LeJeune South to the Airport Expressway east - which becomes 195!! Tada - you're at work! There are other routes as well. For the Mercy Hospital route consider the Palmetto down to Tamiami Trail and then east. I have commuted to the Gables, Coconut Grove, Downtown, once you are down here, I can show many route options.
As for your price range, there are very good options at the $500,000 mark, quite frankly, its a buyers market and I have seen beautiful homes for that price - better than just the beautiful homes are the great schools, the huge parks, the sense of community and the beaches - a straight drive down 595. Shopping is easy, dozens of malls nearby - Sawgrass Mills, Boca Raton's Town Center and the Aventura Mall is also a great shopping destination.
With that said about Weston, alternatives are Plantation - a prominent city in Broward, Cooper City and Davie. What is key about all of these cities is - they have A+ schools, and they are all located in proximity to 595 and I75.
I would love to show you around the area - I make my home in Plantation, and I would not give up living in Broward for any other county. It really is central to all the things that make living in the tri-county area fantastic.
Best regards, Attila
One good thing about working near Mercy Hospital it is near the Highways, so therefore you can buy a home in a good school district and still be able to get to work quickly. This is the time to buy, it is a buyers market. There are great schools in the south dade area of Pinecrest along with north of downtown the Aventura area, and as far north to Hollywood(emerald hills) and Weston. You would need to check these areas out and feel what is most convenient for you in regards to getting to work.
If you have any further questions you can always email me. best of luck ,Esther
Frank,
Welcome to sunny Florida,it's really a great time to purchase a home in Miami.I would be more than happy to help you select the right place and home for your Family.Contact me any time.
Contact me today for more information. We specialize in the Mercy Hospital Area and the Coconut Grove area. I would love to help you find the right property in Miami. Prices are at an all time low in the area and sellers are willing to pay part if not all of the closing costs. Frank we have over 560 listings in the area and some of them are bank owned. If you have any questions or would like to see some of the properties near Mercy Hospital, don't hesitate to contact me. I'm sure you will love everything Miami offers.
Web Reference: http://www.forsaleagent.com