gwils011, Renter in Houston, TX

Relocating to Houston this fall and am looking for suggestions on good neighborhoods to rent/buy.

Asked by gwils011, Houston, TX Sun Aug 5, 2012

Any advice(unbiased if possible) that can be offered is greatly appreciated! I'm a soon to be 30 year old male, non-drinker, looking for a commute to Houston of less than 40 minutes if possible. Thank you!

Answers

11
Mark Mcnitt, ABR’s answer
I have been assisting relocating buyers for almost 20 years. There are many nice neighborhoods all across Houston. Ideally we would start with your work location and work backwards from there. A 40 min commute would be about 7-12 miles depending on where your office is located.

Schools, type of home (newer VS mature home), price range and other interest you might have will all come into play. The rental market is tight inside the 610 Loop, a bit easier outside the Sam Houston Toll Road loop. It would be a great idea to try and get pre-approved for a loan before you arrive so you have an idea of a purchase price range...even if your going to lease. You would likely lease in the neighborhood area you want to buy in.

I can send you a Houston relocation packet full of information and prepare for your arrival by building a private web portal to access homes for sale and lease that meet your parameters. Once here, I can provide you a tour of the areas you want to see. Contact me and we can get started.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 6, 2012
We would welcome the opportunity to help you. My wife and I are native Houstonians and know the areas very well. We would need some info. from you first however. Do you have kids in school, how much money do you have budgeted for rent/mortgage, and what part of town will you be working? These are some of the questions. Call me at 281-395-6735 or send me an e-mail at blakebumgardner@sbcglobal.net. Thenks for asking here on Trulia.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 6, 2012
Evening,
Here the last three minutes of Sunday, let me say please provide a little more personal information for a more indepth response. Still without knowing your place of employment, price range search, whether or not you're preapproved for purchasing a home instead of rental, let me just say downtown Houston has three complete circles around the city and a fourth well under construction. Therefore, 40 minutes to your place of employment from any number of new and/or well established communities should be possible on most days!

PV Properties has assisted singles and families for over 30 years relocate to our home here in Houston. With more information we can daily send you homes that meet your needs and will greatly assist you in making a decision that suits your needs.

PV Properties
B. Peavy, Broker
http://www.har.com/PVProperties
281-497-1290
brenda@pv-properties.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 5, 2012
I am a real estate broker. I do sales and leasing all throughout the Houston market. Please contact me at 281.844.8044. You can also visit my site at http://www.showmehoustontx.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Please let me know how I can help.

I am a Sr. Loan Officer/Branch Manager in Houston and I would be glad to talk with you more about a home loan. I have been in Houston my whole life, and would be happy to give my advise on location based on your needs/wants.

Please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience.

E-mail is Addie.Sechelski@AcademyMortgage.com

You can also complete my on-line application on-line if you would like to start there. http://www.CloseWithAddie.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Addie Sechelski
Sr. Loan Officer/Branch Manager
NMLS#176511
You will love Houston! It is a great place to live. Let me cut to the chase. Get a good realtor to work with. Most will work with buyers without charge and as we have all the information and tools you would need to find that perfect location, why take on such a project alone. If you are not currently working with anyone, I'd love to help you. I've helped others relocate from out of State and have had that experience myself. Anyway, up to you, just don't do it alone. Doesn't make sense. Just saying....... If you would like more info about my services email me at ecgrier@kw.com
i have a house for sale in Fairfield. http://search.har.com/engine/19918-Black-Cherry-Bend-Ct-Cypr…

the commute on 290 can be a bit rough though depending on your hours
I think you will find that Houston has many great areas to live in. I've lived in Kingwood myself for several years and absolutly loved it. There is also award winning Eagle Springs, Fall Creek with its annual Shells open, the Woodlands which is another wonderful place to live, and so much more. With some more information from you, I can definitly help you find your new nest here in Houston.
Where is your work location? The energy corridor is a popular area. I can help you with suitable homes,depending upon your criteria, also if you need other information about Houston and the surrounding areas. Please call me regarding your relocation: 832-274-7572
You can also find information and client testimonials on my website: agoodehome.com.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Web Reference: http://agoodehome.com
You may want to check out midtown. There are lots of restaurants and parks in the area, as well as tons of young professionals.
I have been selling Houston "One Yard at a TIme" since you were 3 years old! Call me so that we can discuss the best location for you and those you might want to avoid. Regards, Pam H 713 725 1213.