General Area in Flour Bluff>Question Details

Lutz, Other/Just Looking in 43112

Relocating from Ohio to Corpus Christi

Asked by Lutz, 43112 Thu Jun 16, 2011

How far would we have to be from Flour Bluff to get away from that smell and still not be too far from the water, and ANY beach?

Your question is a common one. The best place to live is just down the street from where my Wife and I live on Padre Island. The subdivision off park road 22 and White Cap has a lot of very well priced homes. Living on Padre Island is fantastic, but you really need to know your neighbor- - - The Gulf of Mexico. There are several things you should consider and know before you decide to move to the Island. If you have some time, send me an email and we can talk about Padre Island life. My Wife and I moved here 3 years ago, and there we're a lot of questions I wish I would have asked before we moved.

If you click on my profile you will see I have almost 20 years experience in real estate, and I'm also a Broker associate with Coldwell Banker Pacesetter-Steel Realtors.

Hope to talk to you soon.
Thanks you,
Steve Trubatisky
I should point out that the strong smell you may be aware of comes onece or twice a year and is know as the "red tide". It is particularily strong near Laguna Bay. You can be in Flour bluff about 1/2 to 1 mile away from the Bay. You can also be on the North Padre Island and avoid the smell. If you are not insistant on being in the Flour Bluff school district, you can look on the southside which is the growing area of Corpus Christi and offers most of the newer built homes. If you like, I can email you listings of the various areas of huses that meet your criteria (such as price, one or two stories, number of bedrooms etc.). I would send seperate emails of the various areas to make it easier to consider them. Each listing offers several pictures of the house and its interior as well as a map to give you an idea where it is located. I do not care which house you choose as I will be objective, pointing out the pros & cons of each. I just hope you give me a chance to work with you. Good luck on whatever you decide.
The good areas do not have the smell. Its only by the causeway.
Do you want to stay in the Flour Bluff school district? If so then more central or closer to Yorktown road.