trisha.vicar…, Both Buyer and Seller in San Francisco, CA

Relocating from MInnesota for a job in San Mateo. advice on Family Friendly Neighborhoods

Asked by trisha.vicario, San Francisco, CA Fri Aug 24, 2012

I was offered a position in San Mateo and am looking for great schools and a family friendly neighborhood for my 7 year old. I am not very familiar with the area so any advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Answers

5
Hi Trisha,
good answers below...Belmont, San Carlos, Burlingame, and many others...you can easily search neighborhoods, schools/API scores, and more here
http://americarealtyonline.com/Directory?operation=directory&

good luck!
BUYER CASH REBATE 50%-60% / SELLER DISCOUNT 50%

Quality Full Service! Work directly with the Broker/Owner.
Flavio Tejada, MBA-Finance, Realtor, Broker/Owner
(415) 305-2958
Welcome to San Mateo Trisha. You will love the friendly people and great weather. There are also a lot of great places to eat.

Depending on your price point, there are a lot of good areas. I would advise if you can afford it be West of 101 because you will have better schools for your 7 year old, and if you can be West of El Camino Real even better.

Can you share your price point, it would help a lot? Aragon and Baywood along with San Mateo Park are the best of the best in San Mateo, but can be very pricey. All over $1.2M.

One area that is friendly and affordable, you see many second generation San Mateo folks is the Village, and it's much more affordable and people are very down to earth.

One suggestion is maybe you would prefer to rent before you purchase so you can get to know the area better. If you need any information at all, please feel free to write or call.

Best.

Tap
Coldwell Banker
650-403-6252
415-370-7195
Tap@cbnorcal.com
Morning,

Burlingame is a great choice because you are virtually equidistant from San Mateo and the city. And renting is a great idea when you don't know the area. What I would do is get a handle on pricing - and I'm happy to help you with that - then find a rental in the area you think you want to move, but spend time in other potential areas to make sure.

Keep in mind that San Mateo has some great schools and some not so great.

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
415.722.5549
DRE# 01384425
Thanks Helen. I will check the site! I saw that Burlingame is a nice area also. I am looking to rent initially until I am more familiar with the area. Looking at 3 bedroom 2 bath but could get by with a 2 and 2. Not really sure on price but am hoping for 2500 to 3000 per month. Does that help for pricing? Thanks in advance!
Hello: San Mateo is a city of family friendly neighborhoods.
You probably want to be near your job and your 7 year olds school.

Check out http://www.smfc.k12.ca.us & click on schools, than elementary - there you can find the
elementary school that is closest to your job location.

Consider also ease of transportation, price range, rent or own, parks, shopping, how many bedrooms etc. Can give price range of possible neighbors that are conveniet to you.

Get a home for under 4% -- contact me: Helen Yuen, Land & Property Investment, Inc
helenyuen@lpirealtor.com
Web Reference: http://www.smfc.k12.ca.us