General Area in Atlanta>Question Details

Carissa, Home Buyer in Delaware, OH

Relocating 4 families from Columbus, OH to Atlanta. Looking for a suburban/rural location that's family-friendly, great schools, low crime. What?

Asked by Carissa, Delaware, OH Wed Apr 20, 2011

fits? My extended family is exploring moving to the Atlanta area from Delaware (Columbus), OH. We will be purchasing 3 homes near Atlanta. We are looking for neighborhoods or nearby towns with a similar feel to our current city. We have young children who enjoy sports and cultural activities. Ideally, we want a great parks and recreation system, farmers market, festivals... general "Americana'-type stuff. We would like proximity to shopping and restaurants to be easily within 20 minutes. GREAT SCHOOLS are important! As for homes, we would like something in the $200,000 range on a lot with mature trees. Lots in the 1/4 to 1/2 acre range are ideal. Cul-de-sac or VERY quiet street desired. We need to be within 40 minutes of the airport. Would Marietta fit? Which parts? Which other cities/suburbs? If you can also include commute time to Atlanta and the airport, that would be very helpful.

Please give us some suggestions! Thank you!

Answers

16
I think Marietta in East Cobb will offer everything your family is looking for. I live and work here but please look for yourself at the Georgia School Ranking. Just click on:

http://www.psk12.com/rating/USindexphp/STATE_GA.html

I would recommend they stay in the Pope, Walton or Lassiter high schools. Please let me know if I can help you.

Carmen Gutierrez
Cell 770-366-1487
Brookhaven (drew Valley is great fro families and kids - great schools and near everything in Buckhead - I have a great house for sale - please e mail me at silverman@bellsouth.net and I will e mail you more information
Thank you
Julie
I am a native Atlantan living and working in Northeast Metro Area. I've helped many buyers moving from other parts of the country. Gwinnett County has wonderful schools and parks and I highly recommend you checking out their websites. Many of the small towns within Gwinnett have Farmer's Markets, Block Parties, Spring Flings, etc. that help to make you feel right at home. You should have no trouble finding exactly what you want in your price range in this area. With quick access to I-85, you can get almost anywhere very quickly. I'd love to work with you! Please check out my website at http://www.robinBhall.com, where you can search ALL the listings, and how to contact me.
Web Reference: http://www.robinbhall.com
Carissa, your instincts are right with Marietta. Your list of preferences and price range would point that way. But also think about Newnan, Fayette County and Peachtree City all which are south of city so when you head to the airport you can avoid downtown Atlanta traffic if that is an issue.

If I can help please let me know.

Just a webiste that may help.
http://www.peachtree-city.org/
I'm a Native of Atlanta and have owned 13 homes in my nearly 15 years of real estate :) I know this city pretty well.

Alpharetta might be too far but has excellent schools. Roswell is amazing with AMAZING schools and festivals (during the Summer we have Arrive Alive every Thursday night). I live in Roswell. Cute little town with great eateries, pubs, shops, etc... I'm a single mom so safety, good sports (my girl plays soccer), great location, Summer camps (we signed her up for 5 Summer art camps and 1 soccer camp) were all extremely important to me. I chose Roswell. I would also look at East Cobb, not West Cobb.

I'd be more than happy to send you my personalized "Relocating to Atlanta" guide.

Julie Brittain
JBrittain@kw.com
Web Reference: http://www.TeamBrittain.com
Hi Carissa,
What an exciting time for you and your family! I have recently started a relocation concierge services business, as part of my overall real estate business. I would love an opportunity to serve you and your family getting to Atlanta.
The best way I can serve you is to speak with you one-on-one. My husband I are very much a part of the Atlanta business community as we own 2 businesses in Gwinnett and Dekalb counties. Because of that connection, I can provide you with detailed information on all things Atlanta offer and a world class customer service expereince. I am ready to roll out the red carpet!

Regina Bryan
678-481-7111
Hi Carissa,

I just assisted a family moving from Massachusetts looking for the same things as you are. They chose Alpharetta.

Alpharetta and Roswell both are known for their great schools. Most schools in the Roswell / Alpharetta area are ranked 9 or 10 by great schools.com. My family attends the Alpharetta school system You would be about 40 minutes from the airport.

I know the area well and can assist you... please call me 678-636-9098

Richard Burton
Good Afternoon Carissa,
My wife and I moved here from Columbus Ohio in 1995. We are originally from Bellefontaine, Ohio just one hour from Columbus. I'm very fimiliar with the life style and feel of a Delaware, Ohio. We might even know some of the same families in the area. My wife's maiden name was Hassell.
Yes, there are some very nice towns and neighborhoods around Atlanta that will fit your extended family needs. All of the criteria requests can be found and satisfied for you and your extended family. Yes, Marietta is a choice. However, there are other great choices ie, Norcross, Roswell, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Duluth, Suwanee, Peachtree Corners, etc. You will have more then enough choices to select from and visit to make your decision.
My wife ( son & daughter and 2 grand children ) and I have lived here for 16 years in the Duluth and Alpharetta area and have enjoyed it as much as our time spent in Columbus and Bellefontaine.
This is also a perfect time to buy . Home values are very good here in Atlanta. You certainly will get very good value for your money .
I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to help you and your extended family find homes here in the Atlanta area. My contact information is here on Trulia. Also, you can visit my website at http://www.rickpaynesold.com.
Have a Wonderful Day.
Hi Carissa, I would definitely like to be of service to you. The best way to do that is to communicate with you one on one.
Tarji Call me 404 788 4589
Web Reference: http://tarjiyourrealtor.com
Hi:
Atlanta is a great city to live in. You will love our winters.

From what you told me I would recommend and area like Decatur. DeKalb and Gwinnett Counties have great schools. There are great restaurants in Decatur. It is an older area so the trees are well developed and it has wonderful parks. Dunwoody is also a great area with well developed trees, great parks and wonderful schools.

Please let me know if I can help. I would be happy to send you some homes in any area.

Thanks, Joyce Warner
Greater Atlanta Realty Group
404-273-7171
There are several areas that would be great, The 2 best counties right now are Gwinnett and Fayetteville for good schools. In Marrietta area, West Cobb high school that is a good school district as well.

In Gwinnett , Suwanee, Snellville, Buford and Lawrenceville offer what you are looking for. Brookwood high school is rated number one in Gwinnett county, it is in Snellville. Suwanee has some of the best parks and recreation in Georgia, and good schools as well.

I would be happy to help you find what you are looking for. Call me.

Juneann Lewis
678-760-8454
Web Reference: http://www.juneannlewis.com
Hi Carissa,

Marietta would definitely work. East Cobb is a great community in Marietta with excellent schools and a great parks and rec system. I loved growing up there myself and my parents still live there. It's about 30-40 minutes from the airport. Alpharetta and Roswell are also great cities to raise a family near Atlanta. Feel free to call me and I'll be glad to help you out in any way I can. Good luck!!

Christin Pulver
Associate Broker
Atlanta Communities
678-994-3915 Cell
Carissa,

I would jump at the chance to assist you and your extended family with relocating to the Atlanta area.

There are many areas that may fit your needs because Atlanta is full of wonderful family friendly suburbs.

I'm a relocation specialist and work with one of the largest relocation companies in the world. Assisting families with moving to the Atlanta area is my specialty. With so many great areas and homes available throwing out a list cities, schools, and subdivisions could cloud your search with confusion and indecision.

Give me a call direct and I can walk through a series of questions to key in on exactly what you are looking for and help narrow down your search to the best possible areas for you to consider.

Just click on my Trulia Profile for my Contact information or to send me a direct email.
Hi Carissa,

If the low 200K's is your target market with the above opportunities I would suggest Johns Creek, Alpharetta, or Roswell (which is "closer in" ( everything is relative to the central city) ) OR Fayette County would also be a good option for airport distance travel times. If you want more in depth information and specifics, give me a call.

Lorraine Carribean Broker/Owner
The Carribean Group, LLC
Senior Residential Housing Specialist
1031 Exchange, TIC's
Land, Residential, Multifamily, Management Services
678-530-0408 Of 678-296-2099 Cell
866-453-3110 Fax
lorraine@carribeangroup.com
Carissa,
Some of the best values, neighborhoods, and parks are located in Roswell, Alpharetta areas. The schools are some of the best in the state--go to Schooldigger.com to verify. Very active sports--with great parks and other recreation available. Yes, we do have family festivals--strong churches with their own range of activities-
Feel free to call me to answer any questions--You also get more for your money by being in these areas
Merle Land
404-274-8339
merleland.com
Carissa:

I think your family would like Suwanee, GA. The parks and family lifestyle is terrific!

Let me know if I can help you.

Tricia Young
Better Homes and arden Real Estate Metro Brokers