Jackie, Home Buyer in Oregon

Relocat to MA Will work in Boston w/ Family in Fall River. Middle age couple - no children. Where do we buy?

Asked by Jackie, Oregon Wed Aug 27, 2008

East Bridgewater? Taughton?? Help!
lnjwoodworks@hotmail.com

Answers

7
Welcome to Massachusetts, Jackie. There are so many different, unique localities here. I located here after living in New York state, Connecticut , and Texas. The best thing you can do is visit the diffeent areas around Boston to decide what you really like. However, since you mentioned family in Fall River, you might already know about the diversity of living styles available. The communities along both Interstate 24 and Interstate 3 are definitely places you should check-out. Another thing to consider is the type of housing you want. Where to look depends on whether you would like a single family house, a townhouse or rowhouse or a condominium. You need to connect with a Realtor you trust to find the right place for the Massachusetts "season" of your life. I work in the Bridgewaters. Feel free to contact me at http://www.ctworek4diamondre@yahoo.com, Carol
Having moved from Boston over 8 years ago to East Bridgewater, I would highly recommend the town. Its only 10 minutes to major highways - 24 and 495. There is a few choices for commuters rails close by - Bridgewater, Stoughton, Abington... Great restaurants in the area too. The town caters to all property desires, and values...starting in the low 200's and averaging in the 500-600 range for the more "exclusive" neighborhood developments ( 3000+ sq ft homes)
I'd be glad to show you around. Check out my website at MyEastBridgewater.com

Best of luck with your search.

Tony Lonergan

Realtor. MJ MacRae Real Estate - 617.515.6165
Middle Age , no kids : How about a Townhome in Maynard, this is a happy midpoint!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 6, 2008
Hi Jackie,

I would first like to know if you prefer a more rural atmosphere or a larger in town feel? Do you socialize freguently or are you more of a home body?

There are many nice communities that are between Fall River and Boston, but based on what your needs are and how long you plan on staying this is a very difficult question to answer. Berkley is a great rural town that is quiet and more farm like, shopping would be down in the surrounding communities. The Bridgewaters are also very nice but not quite as rural (with the exception of East Bridgewater).

Could you please let me know what your interests are for your lifestyle?

Bobbie Files
http://www.BerkleyMass.com
bobbiefiles@kw.com
Web Reference: http://www.BerkleyMass.com
Milton, MA. Great town, good schools, nine miles from Boston.
Hi Jackie,
I would suggest Southeatern, MA (Mansfield, Norton, Foxboro, Taunton, Attleboros). The commute to Boston is 45 minutes to an hour and the same to fall River, a nice happy medium. I live in Norton and have for the past 16 years. It's a great community with good prices, home of Wheaton College, TPC PGA Golf Course, nice location with easy access to Rt. 95 and Rt. 495, 30 minutes to Providence and TF Green airport, with a great sense of community.
I have been selling real estate in the area for 16 years and know it well. I would love to be of service to you, and to represent you as a Buyer's agent.

Leona
Good morning Jackie, my preference would be the Bridgewaters. Nice rural communities, but a short run up Rte 24 to Boston and an easy trip to Fall River. In general, I think Bridgewater or East Bridgewater will offer you affordable housing with a real sense of community.

Let me know if I can be of any other help. I can easily set you up with access to all Multiple Listings in these areas so that you can begin your search from Oregon.

Dick

rfpower@verizon.net
J. O'Gara Realty.com
http://www.richardfpower.com