General Area in 46383>Question Details

Matt Evans, Real Estate Pro in Valparaiso, IN

Regarding the Porter County, Indiana Property Tax website, do they still have limits of how many times one can view the tax rolls? Why limit this?

Asked by Matt Evans, Valparaiso, IN Tue Feb 9, 2010

Seems silly to limit views on taxes. As REALTORS, lenders, title companies, and even property buyers, our life is easier with more accessible information. Many other counties around the country publish the info, updated regularly. Why is Porter County limiting this online access?

Answers

6
How can i get a copy of my tax bill
Many of the counties have online websites to access the local assessment information. If you are looking outside of Porter County and cannot find assessment information try the state tax website for tax information. Assessed value is shown. I've posted the link below.
Web Reference: http://in.gov/dlgf/4929.htm
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 17, 2010
That's right, as of spring 2010 no limits any more to view Porter County tax information online. The site is now very useful and helpful to title companies and real estate agents (REALTORS) and our home buyers and sellers in Northwest Indiana. Thanks Porter Co for making this happen. I've referenced the link for use below.
There are no more limits. You can view it as many times as you want.
We have been advised that thanks to efforts of local Realtors and GNIAR, we will again have free access as of April 1st. We only have March to survive, and when possible I call the Auditor's office for info.
Hi Matt!
The reason they stated was that it was a use tax designed to make those that use the information most frequently pay the cost. Supposedly GNIAR is negotiating with the county to give us log in ids and passwords like we have for Lake County's Assessor's site. Fortunately my use has not exceeded the page limit forcing me to start paying. Good luck.
Rick