General Area in Los Angeles>Question Details

Ryan Yamauchi, Real Estate Pro in Los Angeles, CA

Redeveloping in an HPOZ?

Asked by Ryan Yamauchi, Los Angeles, CA Thu Jan 31, 2013

I basically have a tear-down home in an HPOZ in LA. It needs the whole gamut of repairs: all updated systems, new windows, foundation, etc etc. I was basically wondering if any one knows if it is possible to re-build in an HPOZ and put the extra money to make it architecturally significant to the area in a similar existing style.

Thank you!

Answers

3
It is possible, however, everything you do, you need to run it by the HPOZ Board. If you go on ZIMAS, you can find out if the property is a Contributing or Non-Contributing property...if it has not been altered...it is contributing...if it has been badly messed up, it may be non-contributing.

You still will be required to get permits for everything you do.

I would talk to the neighborhood representative who is in the HPOZ Board, have them come over and look at your house, then you will know what you are allowed to do.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 31, 2013
You really need to start here at the website below. This platform on Trulia is not going to give you the direction you need.

Los Angeles' HPOZs | Office of Historic Resources, City of Los Angeles
http://www.preservation.lacity.org/hpoz/la

Good Luck
Sorry I don't. But remember to check with the hpoz board .good luck