General Area in Johns Island>Question Details

Charleslo, Home Buyer in Charleston, SC

Question about Whitney Lake Townhomes

Asked by Charleslo, Charleston, SC Sat Apr 21, 2012

I've seen a number of the Whitney Lakes townhomes being marketed for between $150,000-$180,000, which seems quite low. What's the potential for market appreciation in the next 2 - 3 years, and are there any hidden "gotchas" to this area?

Answers

4
they have listed in the hoa that insurance is included. The agent on duty says this is not so. you may want to check that out before you buy.
No, that's just the going price now. My daughter bought one in there about 2 years ago. She loves it. I certainly think those are great deals for the money and will appreciate nicely when this market turns around. Those units have easy access to Maybank Hwy and River Rd and are an excellent location close to downtown Charleston. And Johns Island is really growing now.
I sold a townhome in Whitney Lake a little over a year ago. The only "gotcha" I can think of is the developer went bankrupt and much of the property went into foreclosure. At that time, the amenity center had not been built and plans were sketchy for it's completion. There were also entire buildings that had been sitting vacant and/or incomplete. I do believe there is a new owner, so improvements are being made. The properties look to be a great value and with the market stabilizing, if the new owner finishes development according to the original plans, it will be very nice and you should see some good appreciation. But of course, there is no crystal ball to forecast future market conditions.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Michael
Carolina One Real Estate
843-442-1291
mschumpert@carolinaone.com
Thanks Michael, that's very insightful.
Flag Sun Apr 22, 2012
Hi

Whitney Lake Townhomes right now has 9 available for sale and 9 that are under contract. If you are interested in looking at any or all of the 9, I would be happy to show them to you and I will find out as much information about them as you need.

As far as potential market "appreciation". As we all know the market has fallen quite a bit and no one knows for sure if it will fall even more or start rising again. It could goes either way over the next couple of years. With all the foresclosures and short sales on the market, it's a buyers market!! So as they say in the stock market BUY.. lol

Call me or email me.

Debbie Knowles, GRI
843-609-8998
debbieknowles@kw.com
Thanks!
Flag Sun Apr 22, 2012