General Area in Fairfield>Question Details

Alex Mpmr, Home Seller in 94401

Proximity to Travis AFB?

Asked by Alex Mpmr, 94401 Sat Jun 9, 2012

Why do some listings mention proximity to Travis AFB as a property pro? Doesn't it just mean more noise? Thanks!

Answers

6
Kamal Randhawa’s answer
Hello Alex,

Close proximity to the air base may be beneficial for some, and not others. Each buyer is different and needs to find something that fits their needs as this is a huge financial investment. If you are looking for homes near or away from the base, I can look up some properties for you that might fit your needs.

Please feel free to call or email me if you would like to view anything in person.

Kamal
510 932 1066
People that work at the base are only allowed to live a certain distance away (depending on what their job is.) If you were a doctor that would be on call, for instance, living 15 minutes from the hospital would be a HUGE advantage for you.

And Yes, you get planes flying overhead if you're in the immediate vicinity but that just means those are our troops going overseas to fight for our freedom. I see it as a good thing.
Well Said, Dianne. We are happy to have our service men and women in the Fairfield community!
It certainly does not mean more noise. It tells you a lot about this community. The flavor and influence of Travis Air Force Base is substantial. This community grew around the transferees, and retirees of Travis Air Force Base. The base employs over 8,000 people.

No, noise is not the significance of mentioning Travis AFB. Do you know that Air Force One was here a few years ago? President Bush came during the Iraqui war. There are many opportunities afforded this community that would not be available had Travis AFB been on the list of base closures. We are fortunate to have Travis and our active duty military and retirees to be a part of this area.
Thanks Dianne. I didn't know about the AFO, that is interesting. I, myself live very close, yet far enough from SFO. However, I thought military aircraft is different. (I've been to a fleet week once:)
Flag Sat Jun 9, 2012
There are a lot of VA Buyers here looking for housing off base, so the close to Travis AFB is actually a plus. As far as noise, they aren't too bad on the planes flying around. I hardly even hear it.
Gosh, is it possible that there a few thousand people who work in or near the AFB?