General Area in Anaheim>Question Details

Clweb, Other/Just Looking in Sacramento, CA

Possible transfer from Sacramento to Lakewood. What towns are best to consider in N. O.C. that balance low $ with safety?

Asked by Clweb, Sacramento, CA Sat May 7, 2011

I don't yet know what kind of pay raise I can expect, but the numbers show its roughly 50-100% more expensive to live in the area than where I'm at now. Its important to feel safe, and to not have to travel more than an hour on average between work & home. Closer is better. Here we pay 1075 for a 2 bed/2 bath - full ammenities apt with a garage... would love something comparable without too big of a price jump. Would love to know the best places to take my search.

Answers

11
You have many choices, if you want to stay close to the 91fwy there are some affordable areas of Anaheim, buena park, and fullerton. Are you planning to rent or buy? Do you have children?

You may want to contact an area professional to help you relocate. Good luck to you and congrats on your promotion
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 7, 2011
Hello Clweb,

You can choose from urban style lofts near Angel Stadium in Anaheim to family oriented town homes in Fountain Valley.

Many of the developments in North Orange County are FHA approved so if you are a first time buyer you can take advantage of the FHA loan benefits.

If you would like to review some listing via email send me your email address. I will be happy to send you listings to review.

Look Luck,
Kawain Payne, Realtor
kawaindpayne@gamil.com
714-293-1151
Good Morning,
The first thing you should consider is traffic! Although Lakewood may look close on the map, with our traffic it would be a tough commute to most of Orange County. I think Anaheim or Buena Park even may be the farthest you want to go. If you truly feel you can drive one hour the hills in Corona next to Anaheim will be FAR less money than anywhere in the OC. What is your top priority?
Connie Bramble
Prudential CA Realty
714-337-8718
Why rent when you could buy for the same money? You should contact your bank loan department and find out how much you can qualify for. Then contact any Realtor in the area to send you automatic searches for the surrounding areas with crime stats and His/Her personal expertise and recommendations. If your finances and credit score will not allow you to buy and you must rent, then ask any Realtor to send you available for lease condos or apartments and once you see a few you like then ask him/her to send you the neighborhood report.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 7, 2011
Don't resign yourself to a long commute, Clweb: Lakewood has some very good areas, give it a close look ~ contact agent Lou McNamee below for sure.

Below are some crime stats/map links for Anaheim, a pretty safe city ... use them in comparison with other cities. Most cities' web sites will have a way to ask for recent crime stats. It may take a couple days to get a response, but well worth it!

2010 Part 1 Crime Statistics by Reporting District -
<http://user.govoutreach.com/anaheim/attachment.php?request=6…

January through March 2011 Part 1 Crimes by Reporting District - <http://user.govoutreach.com/anaheim/attachment.php?request=6…

Reporting District Map with zipcodes -
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 7, 2011
In order to really help you with where the best locations for you to consider would be, I would like to get some additional information. Generally speaking, you can expect to pay between 1300 and 1800 per month for an apartment or condo with a garage. You can certainly find a more exclusive
complex that cost more, but honestly that would be a waste of money for just renting. There are plenty of safe areas with decent apartments within 30 minutes of Lakewood in cities like Buena Park, Cypress, Anageim, Fullerton, LaPalma, and even Lakewood or Long Beach it you do not have to be in Orange County . If you have a school age child or children, then that is a huge additional factor when considering where to live. Feel free to contact me at 714-231-8415 and I would be happy to discuss the specific benefits of each of these areas. My wife Laurie and I have worked as Realtors and lived in the same areas you will be moving to for over 22 years, and we also own a Real Estate Company in the Pittsburgh area, so we specialize in relocation clients.

Congratulations on the new job, and I look forward to talking with you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 7, 2011
This may depend on your price range. I like Anaheim Hills. It's on the borders of the 91 Freeway, the 55 Freeway - and not far from I- 15 or I 10. You are probably 30 minutes from Lakewood. It's only about 60 minutes from the Palm Springs desert area as well!

I can set you up on our "Listingbook" program so you can search from home. It is current information on available properties direct from our MLS (Multiple Listing Service). This type of info is more up to date than the national web sites which can have properties on them that have already been sold.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 7, 2011
One thing is certain, Southern CA, especially Orange County will be more expensive than Sacramento. You should be able to find what you're looking for, but expect to pay more than you are now. I would concentrate on the following cities: Anaheim, Orange, Fullerton and Buena Park. These cities are close to the 91 Fwy which make your commute to work much easier.

Good luck to you.
Web Reference: http://www.ajsocal.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 7, 2011
Hello Olweb. Cities of interest can be Orange Placemtia, Fullerton, parts of Anaheim, Buena Park and even Cypress. Lakewood and Cerritos maybe. I can send these over to you just let me know to what email. Bye for now. Ingrid Ski Realtor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 7, 2011
Hi CIweb,

There are some affordable places in Orange and Fullerton! Both have historical areas that are great fun to walk around in and have a nice home feel to them. The communities are quite nice as well. Lots of families and in some areas, college students. Feel free to contact me and we can get a better view of what your needs are.
Web Reference: http://AnnaChild.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 7, 2011
Well, if you would like information on Lakewood, it would be my pleasure. Being raised in Lakewood and raising my family in Lakewood, I believe I could help you out. Feel free to call me or email me.

Best of luck and welcome.

Lou McNamee
Coldwell Banker
loubandb@ca.rr.com
562-879-9677
Web Reference: http://loubandb.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 7, 2011