General Area in 34275>Question Details

Carole, Home Buyer in Nokomis, FL

Please let me have the rules regarding renting out a property in 34275. Thank you

Asked by Carole, Nokomis, FL Mon Jul 30, 2012

Answers

4
You should check if the property is located within a Deed Restricted Community. If it is, then you would need to check the rules regarding rentals. If there is no deed restrictions, there will unlikely be any rental restrictions.
You should also check rental restrictions by municipality. Some towns and cities place 30 day minimums on single family homes.
Hi Carole:

If you live in a deed restricted neighorhood of single family homes, villas, or in a condo community, each will have it's own rules governing how owners may rent their property to tenants.

If it is a single family home in a non-deed restricted area, you can rent a single family home for like use as you see fit.

Please let me know if you are interested in a specific community and I'll see what I can do to find out the rental regulations for you.

David Barr, Broker Associate
Sandals Realty
Twitter: @sarasota_homes
Blog: homesinsarasota.blogspot.com
Here is a link to the Florida Landlord and Tenant Laws. http://www.800helpfla.com/landlord_text.html

Renting rules vary by community. Are you talking about a deed restricted community with an HOA fee or a non-deed restricted community. If you are inquiring about a community with a homeowner associaiton, I can see if I can obtain a copy of the rules and regs if you give me the name of the community.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty, Port Charlotte, FL
tammyhayesre@gmail.com