General Area in Houston>Question Details

Jordygirl, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

Our family is considering a move to the Houston area. We are looking near Katy and would like to know if Cinco Ranch is worth the premium.

Asked by Jordygirl, Houston, TX Sun Nov 10, 2013

Answers

10
You need an experience agent in Katy, the best agent in Houston and I are good friends. Email me or go to the link below and I will connect you with her right away.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 16, 2013
Jordygirl, I am just a normal person BUT you really can't lose with Cinco Ranch. Is it worth the premium? I can't afford to live there, lol! But if you like LOW CRIME and good schools, then YES. Cinco Ranch is a lovely area west of downtown Houston. The Woodlands is north of Houston and you can't lose there, either. Of course, Memorial is FANTASTIC but you are going to pay at least 300K for a house. Worth it? YES.

Do keep in mind that if you have to go anywhere downtown Houston you will become best friends with Interstate I10 as you will be sitting on it a LOT. If you can afford a nice car and the gas and do not mind sitting in traffic, cool. All I am saying is consider the commute when/if you do move here.

Good luck, friend!
Courtney
absolutely! #1 area for schools and family living!
At the end of day, you will have to decide that for yourself!

The premium you are speaking of can reference many things. Schools, quality of neighborhood, past sales trends, ease of commute, etc.

Katy and the neighborhood of Cinco Ranch has a great track record. You cannot predict the future, but if this is any indicator, you would be buying in a great community.

Keep in mind there are other neighborhoods in the Katy area that also do very well and there are other areas of Houston that we are seeing great growth and their future prospects look bright. Those areas in Cypress will boom in just a year or two with the completion of the Grand Parkway and expansion of Highway 290. Right now, the areas may look like a bargain for the same home VS the Katy area. Good schools, amenities, parks, etc.

You might consider hiring a Realtor like myself with +20 years of experience and the knowledge of several areas of Houston. That way your not confined to just one area to explore. Let us know if we can assist you.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Hello, as you can well imagine, Cinco Ranch is in great demand so you will see a premium in the values. Just so you know there are sections around the Cinco Ranch that have similar properties at a slightly lower price. You will enjoy the amenities in this area. When are you planning your move?

Let me know if you have more questions. The contact below is the best way to reach me.

Persis
REALM Real Estate Professionals
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013
Jordygirl, Cinco Ranch is a great area with holding property values. The community offers lots of amenities and good schools. Go to http://www.connieinmonteam.com and click on the Katy box to search all of Katy homes.

Connie Inmon
RE/MAX
713-542-2845
The short answer is yes. It and the Woodlands are the best master planned communities in Houston.

However, there are many nice pocket communities mixed in and around CInco Ranch that are great without the premium.

When searching, look at the whole area(homes in and out of Cinco Ranch) and you can decide if the amenities are worth it for you.
Web Reference: http://www.DaveRealty.com
Hey there Jordy Girl, The Cinco Ranch area is very popular. The resale value stays strong due in part to the great schools and easy access to the energy corridor. A big consideration for you might be drive time to work, schools if you have kids, and nearness to friends or family ( if you have any here). Let me know if I can be of help. hmackinnon@remax.net 832-964-5619
I agree with Al. I just sold a new construction home to a client and they love the area. It is conveniently located just south of I-10 giving easy access to the Energy Corridor, With the Grand Parkway coming through the area will have even more wide spread access to the greater Houston Suburban Areas. Cinco Ranch definitely has a lot going for it with multiple community facilities such as pools, parks, golf courses and equestrian grounds. You may want to compare Cinco Ranch to other communities in Houston to better form an opinion on whether or not it is worth the premium. I would love to work with you and set up a tour of communities in Houston that would be practical for you commute wise. Give me a call at 281-798-4100 to set up an appointment.
That's your call ... but I can tell you that new homes are selling about as quickly as they're built, and the resale market is also very active. Personally, I'd go with the latter, as they're in competition with new construction, thus keeping somewhat of a lid on prices ... a bit more bang for the buck.

Schools are highly rated, and I've gotten virtually no negative feedback from anyone who has purchased a home there. With all that said, however, much depends on your budget and expectations. Come on down and let me show you around.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
Trend Setter Realty
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon