General Area in 30316>Question Details

Rich, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

New to Atlanta: Can anyone tell me about the area near Village Creek Landing? (Eastland Heights, off Moreland)

Asked by Rich, Atlanta, GA Wed Aug 22, 2007

There are a few houses in that subdivision that I'm interested in, but since I'm new to the area, getting an idea of what the neighborhood is like isn't easy. If anyone has any info they could share about the pros and cons, mostly the cons, I'd love to hear from you. Let me know what you think about whether this area is headed up or down.

If it's any help, I'm single without kids, so schools (which I've read aren't so hot) aren't my biggest concern, but still, I'd like to live in a peaceful neighborhood where my home will appreciate in value.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Answers

3
Hi Rich!
Hope all is well with you and you were able to get the "tax" situation taken care of. Its great to hear that you are in the prospecting stage of home buying and you've chosen a pretty interesting place to start off in.

I don't know what your particulars are for the size home you are thinking of; but as for specific information on the Eastland Heights area - I am providing a link below for you to view.

Trends, crime statistics, family structure, median income, that type of information should get you on the right track. Where you work will determine if the area is right for you. Being nestled by the 20 and 285 give you options for the ride into work.

Albeit - it is a heavily populated area with little or no country charm - if you are an urbanite this will be right up your alley.

My only suggestion to you would be to prioritize your expectations - ask friends & co-workers if they know anyone living in that particular area of Atlanta. We can give you our version - but it's always best to go straight to the source for specifics.

As a side note: don't listen too much to what you hear about the schools in the area. You'd be surprised at how progressive some of these districts are.... and remember if you are purchasing as an investment - you might want to think about a future buyer who might have kids.... the district you buy in could mean a quick sale if you think just a little ahead of the curve!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 22, 2007
There is good news about the who Moreland Corridor down past this area. A Liveable Communities Initiative (LCI) state grant is doing a complete traffic and street-scape study and have great planning recommendations to make. Of course, this is master planning - so the funding and time-frame is not certain. But, the visioning and community plannning is where all this "New-Urbanism" begins. I'll post some direct links to my web-site to provide more information about this.

Look at how the intersection of Moreland at Custer (Eastland) are improving... more retail is coming as the Charter School down there is expanding... - Good Stufff!
There are some tricks I have for getting a better idea about the neighborhood. Get in touch with me and I would be happy to fill you in on some ways to find out the safety and security of the community and area.