General Area in West Ashley>Question Details

Will Kleindi…, Renter in Charleston, SC

Neighborhood to move to in Charleston area?

Asked by Will Kleindienst, Charleston, SC Wed Mar 27, 2013

My partner and I are relocating to Charleston from New York in May. I am graduating from law school and will be begin practicing law in the fall. My partner will be traveling all over the east coast for work. We want to rent in a charming, quiet, safe neighborhood for some time before we decide to buy. I would love some advice on where to look or websites to research. Thank you for the help!

Answers

8
Hi Will,

Looks like you've gotten a lot of feed back already, but I suppose I'll add my 2 cents being a former NYC resident.

If you're looking for a charming, quiet, and safe area that's still within walking distance of all the good stuff down town you may want to consider Wagner Terrace. You'll still be in Charleston proper, 10-15 minutes walk to upper king (a lot of the action) and the farmers market on saturdays. I have some friends who moved from DC and fell in love w/ the area for many of the same reasons you described.

Anyway, good luck w the search and if I can help answer any more questions about different areas, real estate or even local eateries nearby, am glad to do so.

Cheers,

Gentry
I have a 4 bedroom in Downtown Charleston, SC, two minutes from King, neighborhood restaurants and bars, fenced in back stone patio, charming, front porch, contact me at digardevents@comcast.net
You have probably found something by now, but we have a high end townhouse for rent not far from downtown in West Ashley. It's a great neighborhood that is tucked back into it's own little piece of paradise. It's probably 5 miles from the downtown headed towards Costco off of Hwy 17 on the water. The turn off to get back to the neighborhood is on the left by the Jett about a half mile before you get to 526. The townhouse is listed on Trulia. The address is 192 Riverbreeze Dr., Charleston in the neighborhood Waterway South, web address http://www.waterwaysouth.com
My daughter lives in Mt. Pleasant and everyone I know loves the area. Everyone will tell you the people are different in that area... and it's true. Most are educated professionals and love life!
It is close to the bridge, many restaurants, parks, etc. You can be in downtown Charleston, Isle of Palms, Sullivan's Island or the best shopping centers around. You have Boone Hall Plantation which hosts festivals and big name concerts, the baseball stadium (go Riverdogs!) and a great Memorial garden at the Mt. Pleasant pier. At the pier they host tournaments (not just fishing) and in the summer they show movies out on the lawn.
Love it so much we have decided to retire to the area from Asheville, NC. We are currently looking for that special place to call our own.
I agree with you Ieisha. I live in Mount Pleasant too and loving it. Please let me know with helping you find your special place in Mount Pleasant. Please give me a call or email with anything I can help.

Zaw Lwin
RE/MAX Advanced Realty
(843)870-4331
zawrealestate@gmail.com
http://www.MyCharlestonRealEstateAgent.com
Flag Fri Apr 19, 2013
Good morning Will,
Congratulations on finishing Law School and even better landing a job in Charleston. We are the number one travel destination in the world this year. There are so many nice places to live in the Charleston area that to suggest just one or two without getting to know you a little bit is a bit silly. I you send me your address and email information I will see that our relocation department sends you a relocation package with lots of information about Charleston and when you are ready we can talk more and I can find you the perfect agent to take you around Charleston to find the perfect home for you and your partner. I am the Broker in Charge for Coldwell Banker United In Goose Creek at Bedroom community just North of Charleston but my agents know the entire Tri-county area like the back of thier hands. Just let me know when I can help you. Thanks and safe travels.

Kimo Esarey
Broker-in-Charge
Goose Creek Office
Coldwell Banker United Realtors
Kimo@cbunited.com
843-693-0187
http://www.kimoesarey.com
I can give you my opinion. I would suggest looking in South Windermere or surrounding area West Ashley. Some that come to mind are Moreland and Brynes Down. Try looking on James Island in Riverland Terrace. I have lived in these areas for 20+ years. Great location very near downtown. Let me know if I can help.

Robin Hanckel
rhanckel@eratidesrealty.com
Hi Will,

I would love to recommend you look at Daniel Island. The island is a picturesque and charming area of Charleston. The island boasts many parks, miles of bike and walking paths, and a vibrant downtown just to name a few. This little island town is safe, quiet, and yet very convenient to the airport, neighboring beaches as well as historic downtown Charleston. Let me know when you are planning a visit, I would love to give you a tour of Daniel Island!

Angie Johnson
Broker Associate
Daniel Island Real Estate
Hey Will,

Congrats on finishing up Law School! I'm a local Realtor in the Charleston area and would love to help you and your partner find the right place to rent. I have rentals on my website you can search: http://abbyengles.kwrealty.com/ and please contact me so we can discuss some details:

Abby Engles
http://www.AbbyEngles.com
843.801.1551
arengles@gmail.com

I'd love to help!

- Abby
Thank you Abby. I just called and left you a message. Looking forward to speaking to you soon!
Flag Wed Mar 27, 2013