General Area in New York>Question Details

Sipe3202, Real Estate Pro in New York, NY

Need some recommendations for general contractors who are budget-friendly and work in Queens.

Asked by Sipe3202, New York, NY Fri Apr 6, 2012

Landlord here from Jackson Heights. Realtors: Your recommendations would be considered and appreciated.

Answers

9
Marco Gomez’s answer
I would recommend either one of these companies which have done a lot
of work for my clients in the past. Jerry Gucciardo from Atlantic
Shores 516-852-5552 or John from Ari Construction 917-686-0976
I recommended a contractor who you called and scheduled an appointment with. He went to your house as sceduled and waited for you for a half hour but you never showed.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 12, 2012
Marilyn - I called Josef and scheduled an appointment. I was at the location and never received a call, voicemail or a text indicating Josef was on his way or waiting outside. I would imagine even if there were issues with cell phones, someone would have left me a voicemail or text, but i didn't receive either. I chalked it up to Josef being busy. I apologize, but i always make sure I'm available for appointments I make. If Josef wants to reach out to me again, he most certainly can.
The responses have been extremely helpful. Thanks again for sharing your contacts and I welcome anyone else's recommendations, the more options the better. I'm working on a few renovation projects with tight budgets, so it would be best if i received multiple pricing.
Flag Wed Apr 11, 2012
Hello Sipe,

Feel free to call my personal contact. Sal from Designati NY Construction. They are based in Queens. His direct # is 917-698-0626.

I referred them to several clients and they have done great work, on time and on budget.

Mentioned that I referred you and he'll do his best to make you happy, do what needs to be done, because he understands that I will continue referring him for as long as his work is outstanding.

All the best.
I have an excellent, honest and reasonable contractor. He has done work for me and several of my clients. His work is consistently excellent because he takes great pride in his work and making the customer happy.
The contractor is J&G Home Improvement. Call Josef Berisaj on his cell phone at 917.440.7940
You'll be happy you did.

Marilyn Mayers
LIC. Assoc RE Broker, Sr. VP
Halstead Property LLC
212.381.3211
I have recently started a new home improvement company in the Bronx. We are licensed to work throughout the 5 boroughs. We are a company that listens to the needs of our clients; works within budgets; helps with designs; and together; come to economical and stunning results. We also work very closely with a local real estate company and therefore, can speak to you about resale value and make sure your money is spent wisely.

Our last job came in under budget and I returned money to the owner (how many contractors can say that?).

I look forward to speaking with you if you have more questions. I can be reached at 914.715.3234.

JOANNE HEYMAN -
I have a great company for you. They have been in business for a long time, are very reasonably priced and are very reliable. They have done several jobs for my clients.
Feel free to call me or email me and i will put you in touch.

Zsolt
212-310-0302
zsolt@anchornyc.com
I have a great recommendation for you. His name is David Nahm. His company has done may projects in Queens and Manhattan. They do large scale projects like the commercial building in College Point next to Home Depot, and small residential projects as well. His contact information is as follows.

917-554-8517
dnahm@hotmail.com

If you contact him just let him know that you were referred to him from Yul Park.