General Area in Lubbock>Question Details

Justin Havins, Both Buyer and Seller in Lubbock, TX

Need advice on my Real Estate website! Any suggestions? http://5710-36th-street.webs.com/

Asked by Justin Havins, Lubbock, TX Tue May 1, 2012

This is For Sale By Owner. Let me know if you think I should add anything!!!

http://5710-36th-street.webs.com/

Answers

4
Find a way for your website to show up when you search for the house.
So the major question would be: You say that the home is being used as a rental, so there are some questions that should be answered up front:

1) Is the property currently leased?
2) Do you currently have a signed lease for the tenants in place?
3) When does that lease expire?
4) How much per month do the tenants pay?

This is important information because if you have a signed lease in place, who ever buys that home HAS to honor that lease.

As stated below, the house could certainly benefit from decluttering and stagings, but those are the belongings of the tenant, then you are out of luck.

The final thing that I would include is if you are willing to cooperate with real estate agents - this means you are willing to pay a commission if a real estate agent brings in a buyer. Buyers agents are normally paid by the seller. If you are not going to pay a commission to a buyers agent, then the home buyer will have to pay the commission on top of their purchase price. This may throw many potential buyers out of the running.

Now for a word of caution:
Only about 1 out of 10 homes nationally are sold by owner and over 80% of those are sold to relatives or friends, which means only about 2% of homes sold in the US are done by owner to people they don't know. You might want to consider getting a real estate agent. While you may not want to pay a commission, an agent can actually save you a lot of time, hassle, AND money in the long run.

If you have any questions, feel free to give me a shout. I don't live/work in the Lubbock area, but I can still give you general advice, answer questions, and maybe refer you to a local real estate agent if you decide to use one.

Best of luck on selling your home.
Justin,

I feel that you need better pictures, some staging which means less is better than more, bedroom 1 needs fresh linens. List what the assets are, what has been done in the past for updating and the list goes on. If you decided you need a realtor, please feel free to contact me. Thanks and good luck!

Donna Dubose,]
Donna Dubose, REALTORS
806.535.1920
ddubose@dishmail.net
Justin, your site could benefit with more informaiton such as a floor plan, better photography and some staging. Also a list of any improvements would be an asset. In order to build trust, it would help if you identified yourself as a for-sale-by-owner. A page on Facebook may be another option. Good luck. If you decide on working with a realtor, contact me and I can make a referral to an experienced agent in your market.
Emily Medvec
Santa Fe Properties
505-955-1088 or best anytime cell at 505-660-4541