General Area in 92020>Question Details

bloomallen, Home Buyer in El Cajon, CA

Need FHA lender for 2 homes on 1 lot

Asked by bloomallen, El Cajon, CA Sun Jul 22, 2012

I am trying to locate an FHA lender in San Diego or elsewhere who finances a regular home that has a manufactured home ADU on the same lot.Thanks for any help!

Answers

2
Have your buyers contact me and I can get this done for them. An ADU is no different than mother in law quarters and as long as it's properly permitted with no safety issues for FHA, it should not be an issue. I'm not sure why you have had problems but I can only assume they went to big box banks with overlays.

If you had a previous appraisal done with one of your buyers and you received a copy, you can forward ity to me and I'd be happy to take a look at it.
Web Reference: http://WeFixRates.Com
FHA is supposed to be owner occupied so having an investment property on the land may pose a problem. you should meet with a local and trusted FHA approved loan officer who can guide you through the loan process
I spoke with the FHA and they approve these deals. The manufactured home is permitted and real property that looks like the main home and is considered an ADU, which FHA approves. A lot of FHA lenders choose to not do loans for this type of deal due to more work. I have had 8 FHA buyers who wanted the property.I am trying to locate FHA lenders that will do the deal. Thanks for your time Scott!
Flag Sun Jul 22, 2012