Sandy, Other/Just Looking in Marksville, LA

My son, who was a Marine for 5 years (a mighty tidy man) is looking to rent or purchase a place in the Pacific Beach/Mission Bay Area in Cali.

Asked by Sandy, Marksville, LA Fri Jun 17, 2011

My son is (single, 6'3, built to handle large task) and is attending college and the GI bill is paying for his schooling and room and board. He has had trouble finding part time work to work around school as most in Cali. looking for jobs are having a hard time and they can work anytime. I am hoping someone sees this question and can help him in some way. He is living in Escondido at the View Point appts or something like that, I don't have his address in front of me. He is paying $1,300 right now for a 2 br. but was hoping to pay for a 1br with storage for a lot less. He has viewed some places for $800-$1,000, but doesn't want to go over that amount. He does not want to be a roommate. Shout of you can help him, please!! Thanks, Sandy

Answers

2
Where is he going to school? That will help me steer you in the right direction. There are areas that have dense apartment complex and then there are areas where you will be hard pressed to find anything. San Diego is a big place so letting me know what school I can advise you better. Seeing he is in Escondido he might be going to school in San Marcos? If that is the case you might want to try Vista, San Marcos, Fallbrook and such. $800 is impossible I am sorry to say but $1k might be if he is resourceful. Also, beware of craigslist ads as out here many are scams. Google it and you can research that as well. Good Luck!
Hi Sandy,

Unfortunately rents in San Diego do not fall below $1,000. He could rent a room in a home and pay around $500-600 but would have to share a kitchen. You should know however, that as a veteran he could get a VA loan with 100% financing, meaning $0 down payment, and get 3% in closing cost assistance from my lender. This means he could buy a home and pay about the same as rent with little out of pocket cost. Please contact me at ray.pistilli@gmail.com to discuss further if you are interested. Hope this helps.

Ray Pistilli
LBG Real Estate
760-658-4071
ray.pistilli@gmail.com