General Area in Destin>Question Details

Cindylee, Both Buyer and Seller in Destin, FL

My husband has been offered a job where he will travel between Tallahassee (FL), Dothan (AL), and Mobile (AL)

Asked by Cindylee, Destin, FL Tue Apr 17, 2012

He will be traveling equally amongst all three areas and we'd like to live in the Florida Panhandle somewhere, but really don't know enough about it except for a brief visit to Panama City Beach and we know we don't want to live there. We are looking for a family-friendly neighborhood with lots of kids, good schools and good recreation opportunities like little league, etc. We will have to rent until we can sell our home in another state and are only interested in renting a single-family home. We've heard good things about the Destin area. If anyone has advice, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Answers

3
For what you are looking for, I would highly recommend you consider the Niceville area where you will have the best schools for your children (check out okaloosaschools.com). It is a very family friendly place, but still only minutes from Destin. You avoid the craziness of vacationer travels in Destin. You would also be close to access of I 10 which would enable you to travel easily to tallahasse, mobile, and Dothan.

I would be happy to send you a list of rental properties if you send me your email address.

Good Luck, Cindylee.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Myke Triebold, GRI, ABR
850-305-6256
MykeSaysSold@aol.com
Cindylee,

First, congratulations on your husbands job offer and there are many great communities in the panhandle that are great neighborhoods to raise a family.

What I would think to be central to the three areas your husband would be traveling and a grea area to consider would be Walton county. The Freeport area has the Hammock Bay neighborhood which is a very nice developement with a nice selection of new and pre-owned homes that are very nice and a great neighborhood feel for a family.

There are also many other areas in Walton County that are very nice and close to the beach, yet far enough away where you are not constantly fighting beach traffic.

Also the Niceville area in Okaloosa County is another excellent choice that woul dbe centrally located with easy access to I 10 and travel to those destinations your husband would be communting to. The Niceville schools are recognized as some of the best int he state and many activities for children adn adults alike.

i would welcome the opportunity to assist in your search and you can contact me at anytime.

Teddy Stewart, Realtor
Coldwell Banker United, Realtors, Niceville
(850) 307-2298
Destin, Niceville or Santa Rosa Beach are all great family friendly communities with excellent schools. I have 2 children in high school and they were in elementary school when we moved here 9 years ago from Minnesota when my husband took a job here. We have been extremely happy living here and can't imagine living anywhere else! Give me a call if you want to discuss further 850 5438033
Web Reference: http://lisaegstad.com