General Area in New Orleans>Question Details

Amarcela@gma…, Real Estate Pro in

My husband and I are moving to NOLA this summer, we're looking to buy a condo close to LSU(dental), what are the safest and nice neighborhoods?

Asked by Amarcela@gmail.com, Fri Feb 22, 2013

My program last 3 years, and we are thinking to move back when I finish, we would like to buy a condo and resell it or Rent it after? What are the areas with highest demand for rental property?

Answers

7
The condos near the lakefront are fetching great rents and the prices are reasonable to buy a condo there.

Richard & Gretchen Kimball
8601 Leake Ave
New Orleans, LA 70118 USA
(504) 442-7244 Cell
(504) 862-0100 Office

http://www.buymyneworleanshome.com

http://www.facebook.com/myneworleansrealtor

Each Office is Independently Owned & Operated
Agent & Broker are licensed in Louisiana
The folks who are suggesting downtown, CBD, wharehouse didstrict, etc - apparently think the dental school is downtown, which it is not.

Not sure if you are from this area, so let's just start with your definition of 'safe.' Living in this city you have to be on your guard regardless of where you live. And the dental school is not in the best area, being near gentilly.

If I were you, i would try to rent in Lakeview. As safe as they come around here, one exit removed formthe dental school in I-610, and they have plenty of 'doubles'.

I would recommend the reserve at cedar lodge. Beautiful place pretty close to lsu. Located in a great area too, walking distance to shopping centers, whole foods, and restaurants. If you need help, just let me know.

John Mondello, Realtor
225.329.8119
Keller Williams
Geauxrealestate@gmail.com
The MidCity/Bayou St John neighborhood is close to the LSU Dental School with a high demand for rental property however there's not a high concentration of condos in this neighborhood. You might want to also consider the Warehouse District/CBD. I'd be happy to help you if you would like to contact me at 504.251.0385 or cmang@latterblum.com.
City Park/Bayou St. John/Mid City
There are many great areas near LSU dental to buy a condo and use it as rental property and resell later. Some of the areas include the Warehouse District, French Quarter and Marigny. It just depends on your preference as all have great value. Please contact me at a convenient time to discuss your options. (504) 256-6311. I hope that you have a great weekend and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Nick
Warehouse District. Call me at your convenience and we can discuss resale/rental rates. This area is the best investment area and hot spot for high end rentals. 504-617-0517