General Area in Spokane>Question Details

jennifer.lor…, Other/Just Looking in Spokane, WA

My husband and I are currently looking to the possibility of relocating to Spokane and we would like some info on local crime rate, school ratings etc

Asked by jennifer.lorayne, Spokane, WA Fri Nov 2, 2012

I was wondering if someone could maybe put to us a little more simply the statistics of the school (k-college) in the greater Spokane area and well as crime rate, and affordable housing, and the types and availability of jobs. Any help and info would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

9
I have an agent that I have worked with out in Spokane who I would recommend to anyone. I can help you get into the right program to fit your needs as well... please call me at 425-463-7400 x 316
Realtors, by law, are not allowed to tell you an neighborhood is "good" or "bad"....same with schools. That is why most of us have links on our websites for you to access. We can get in very big trouble by giving our opinion in these areas. The link below for GSI (our chamber) can be a wealth of information, and we can always provide you with real estate statistic such as the ones Janet provided to you in her email! Many of us specialize in relocation and therefore offer a "plan of action" to help you find the area, school and home that will be right for you and your family!
Here are a couple of other websites you might try:

For economic and business information try Greater Spokane Incorporated
http://www.greaterspokane.org/

Also, Great Schools is a nice resource for school reviews.
http://www.greatschools.org/

The average home sales price in 2012 was $155,957 and the median price was $146,000. The real estate market is looking good overall as we head toward spring; prices seem to be settling down and so are inventory levels.

Most realtors are very good people who offer a great service to their clients in terms of market and real estate contract expertise. Some may pounce, but most won't bite. :) Let us know how we can help!
I relocated to Spokane in 2007 and live on the South Hill. I'm very happy here, I feel safe, and the neighborhood and parks are very well maintained.
Just a word of warning, do your own homework for the spokane area is ripe with realtors ready to pounce and sell you anything even in very bad areas while telling you how great the area is! Remember, "up and comming" means stay away!
You are welcome to go to my website at: homeswithkellijohnson.com where I have a link to information about local schools and a crime map. I also specialize in relocation, providing buyers a relocation packet, a tour of Spokane and assistance in your home search! Welcome! Kelli
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Great place to live! Look for home near Audbon park area!
Hi Rhonda.

A very helpful site if you are considering different neighborhoods in the area is the Spokane Crime Map Viewer. This is a tool that the Spokane Police Department produces. You can search addresses and see what activity is like in the surrounding areas. http://www.spokanegis.org/crimemap2/default.htm

What area are you moving from?

Melissa
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Great questions Jennifer,

Everyones opinion will of course be relative to how they personally feel or from statistics that they have researched. From my perspective Spokane is a fabulous place to raise your family and educate them. We have 15 public school districts ,k-12 within 25 miles of Spokane. Two private colleges, Gonzaga and Whitworth College( has masters degree programs) Spokane Falls Community College gives a 2 year Associates degree with Spokane Community giving technical degrees in lots of great areas. Eastern Washington University with 4 year and masters programs, some classes available at Spokane Campus and in the evening. WSU Spokane campus as well. We are even now adding a medical school to that campus. Some Spokane families home school their children as well and get support materials from the public school systems, privately or through religious institutions.
All large cities of course have their crime problems and none of them are perfect not even Spokane.there are numberous websites that address that issue.
My experience for the past 60 years of living in this area has been positive. We have raised 7 children here 6, of whom are working professionals raising their families in Spokane area.
For the past 26 of those years as a full time RE broker. I have helped a lot of individuals and families find wonderful areas to live based on their preferences and needs. Spokane has a thriving medical community that provides a large bulk of our employment opportunites. 5 large metro hospitals. Spokane Valley has Spokane industrial park with 120 resident companies employing in excess of 4,500 people. Sales and service jobs are also available through out the area. Please contact me through my website link if you have any questions that I can answer more specifically for you. Thank You, Ronda Deakins