General Area in Princeton>Question Details

Emily, Other/Just Looking in Currently OH, moving...

My fiance and I need to find a quiet, somewhat secluded house to rent within 30 miles or so of Princeton.

Asked by Emily, Currently OH, moving to NJ Wed Jun 11, 2008

We've been having depressingly little luck finding anything. Anything like a quiet farm house or a house on a wooded property without really close neighbors would be perfect.

Answers

6
Joyce Begg’s answer
Rentals are very scarce right now so rents keep going up in price esp. single family homes but don't give up there are a few gens on the market right now depending on what your budget is.

Check the Town Topics if still no luck e-mail me and I will help you find one.

Joyce Begg
Weidel Realtors
25 years of experience working for you!
Krytex@aol.com
We site: Joyce Begg@Weidel.com
Asked by Emily, Currently OH, moving to NJ • Wed Jun 11, 2008
Hi Emily,
Have you considered the Pennington and Hopewell area. This is a great area that is close to Princeton that has good home values and homes that are not on top of each other. East and West Amwell are also excellent places in line of what you're looking for. Call if you would like more information.
Web Reference: http://www.WayneZelenak.com
Emily,
In speaking with a client a few minutes ago I may have a candidate for you. Please contact me via my cell 609 203-0495 to discuss.
Emily,
As Shalu indicated,
what you are seeking is not impossible. I have rented such a home out just a month or so ago. You failed to mention the price range and many other criteria you will require. While I would agree that confidential information should not be posted, I would say the range you are looking for as well as poor, average or good credit should also be noted. (Someone other than a realtor may actually have a place that will work for you) Using an agent may also help; I suggest you locate one in the specific area you want. (30 miles from Princeton is very wide) Suggest that the agent pull up rentals that match your criteria that may have closed 6 months to a couple of years ago and contact listing agent in the event these are coming back on the market any time soon.

Ken Verbeyst CRS GRI ABR SRES
Broker-Associate
Prudential NJ Properties
Nassau St Princeton
Hi Emily,

There are such rental properties available in our area.

( even within a much smaller radius than you specified )

The rest depends on your price range, move in time frame, number of bedrooms/bathrooms required , does either of you smoke or not, do you have pets or not.

Most importantly; do you have a current credit report ( 30 days or less) and if you have a good credit score.

Please do NOT post the answeres to the above on an open forum as this, as they all address your price-terms & motivation.

If interested in working with an agent, please contact a local realtor ( such as myself) who has a good knowledge of the communities etc.......esp. since you are from out of state....& it's hard to get such info from the internet & rental listing postings..
Web Reference: http://www.SoldByShalu.com