General Area in Chicago>Question Details

Jacqueline, Renter in 60646

My family and I are moving from the Twin Cities to Chicago so my husband can start a new job in Maywood. We need to live within a half hour commute.

Asked by Jacqueline, 60646 Sun Jan 5, 2014

Our housing budget is about $1800 per month. We would prefer a 3 bedroom 2 bath single family house with finished basement and small yard. What neighborhoods are safest, most affordable and have the best education for a young family?

Answers

16
A good Realtor will help you find the perfect neighborhood that meets all your specific needs. Finding the right Realtor can be tricky but it is usually best to use referrals from a trusted source.

For mortgage help, call (630) 639-1081 or email for a free pre-approval in less than 10 minutes. We lend our own money and are licensed in 49 states and you can apply online at http://www.myccmtg.com.

We can do: FHA, Conventional, USDA, VA, HARP, Interest Only, Home Equity, Fixed, and Variable. Find out which product is right for you by calling Brad at (630) 639-1081.

Brad Neumann
Sr. Loan Officer
Crosscountry Mortgage Inc.
Phone: (630) 639-1081
Email: bneumann@myccmortgage.com
NMLS# 948036
You have many areas to choose from. I'd love help you. Please feel free to contact me so we can get started finding a great place!
Thank you
Patty Romero
Castillo & Associates
708-277-7620
Plenty of great options exist -if you still need assistance in finding a great home, feel free to contact me.
Web Reference: http://www.BJDHOMES.com
Hey Jacqueline,

Lots of options within a 30 minute commute.

A few of the villages mentioned previously all are great. You'll want to look not only at purchase price, but also real estate taxes. Taxes can vary dramatically town to town and so can services and school quality.

In Maywood, there's lots of new development underway where you get a lot of house for the money. I am the acting president of a non-profit developer in Maywood and we have 8 single family homes under construction right now. Brookfield is also a good option for the price range. Great schools and very affordable. Every area has it's own character and your best move is to sit down with a Realtor, familiar with all the areas, who can tour you through some of your options.

Best of luck with the move!

Wayne Beals
Beals Verdin & Company
Oak Park, IL
email me at jmichaels@remax.net for a list of my Maywood properties
Hello Jacqueline,

There are plenty of option for you in around the Maywood neighborhood.

Ask any of the brokers that responded her for help, whomever you feel gave you the best reply, then work with that broker exclusively.

Good luck & welcome to Chicago!
Im sure you will have no problem finding someone with this housing issue... To pick the right one is the big question? so... Make sure to interview several agents and look at their resume in depth.
find a good leasing agent to help you with your search
The answers below hit the obvious choices but your best bet is to talk to someone to go over the tradeoffs. If you call me I can tell you about our full service buyer's program that also shares our commission with you that would get you about a $1500 credit at closing. I can be reached at 312-738-0232.
Web Reference: http://lucidrealty.com
I would get a good leasing agent to help you out. Its free to use their services.
Westchester, Brookfield, north riverside, would be great places to live. Affordable, good school systems close to Maywood.
Every neighborhood has its own personality. Your best bet is to sit down and go over what you want and expect in a neighborhood with a Realtor. Interview a couple and decide which will guide you best. We are a full service brokerage and can help with the search. Good luck!
Call a Realtor that specializes in the Maywood area.
Hello Jacqueline,

Welcome to Chicago! Brookfield, La Grange or La Grange Park would fit your budget, school and commute needs.

Warm regards,

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
ivan@atproperties.com
First, look at school sparrow .com
Then I like riverside and forest park for you. Then contact me and we'll go from there.
I can't comment on the safety part of your question. But a good affordable area to check out would be Forest Park, a near west suburb by Oak Park, really close to Maywood. Forest Park is nice. Good luck!