General Area in Miami>Question Details

Miteh, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

Moving to the miami area. What are the best areas to live? Any suggestions would be helpful.?

Asked by Miteh, Chicago, IL Wed Apr 16, 2008

I encourage you to visit our site at and check out our "Featured Neighborhoods" section. It is a great resource for people looking to learn more about South Florida's cities and neighborhoods. You can read about what makes each neighborhood or area special; get maps, helpful tips, and have access to all of our agent's blogs on that specific area. Getting a better feel for the different options, will bring you a step closer to knowing where to focus your search!
Hope this is helpful!
Web Reference:
If you are single the best place to be is either Coral Gables or Coconut Grove. South Beach is a little frenetic and there isn't guaranteed parking for the most part. If you are indeed a night person and enjoy going out till the wee hours then maybe the inconvenience of the location might appeal to you. Weston is a family area and is indeed a better price point. It is a 45-90 minute commute depending on traffic.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 23, 2008
Great question Miteh!

This depends on many things:
1) How close to work do you need to be?
2) Do you have kids? Good schools needed?
3) Urban or suburban lifestyle?
4) What can you afford at this time?
5) Do you like condos or townhouses or homes?
6) Do you have a pet? Some condos or landlords don't allow pets...
7) Do you like to be in the middle of the action?
8) Would you prefer to live near the beaches?

I could go on...

Based on that, you will find it much easier to choose what's out there.
Many clients of mine enjoy Coral Gables, Key Biscayne, Brickell, Brickell Key, Coconut Grove, Miami Beach, Aventura, Sunny Isles Beach, Bal and Bay Harbour, Weston...

Hope this helps and best of luck,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
Moving from Orlando, FL to Miami with a 17 y/o son. Educations is important for him.. What part of Miami would be best to live in? I also have a section 8 voucher..
hello I know this post is old but I wanted to know how did it work out? Im looking to move to Miami and I have Section 8 and kids. I don't know anything about it.
Flag Thu Oct 22, 2015
I am moving to Miami in Aug, 2013 I am looking for an apartment some where close to the beach but not more than about 1500 a month for a 3 bed room. I also wanted to know what the hiring rate was down there. Thanks for your help.
We're looking for a simple small home. My husband will be finishing his career at the federal prison in Miami.. He's an officer not inmate by the It's just the two of us, and we want peace and quiet. Thanks for the suggestions in advance.
Welcome to Miami, more than glad to help your needs, transportation, schools, hospital, supermarket, pharmacy. Location, Location, South Miami Area, In develop process, Homestead, Location, Miami Shores, close and in the midle of everything KENDALL AREA.

More than Glad to help you Nereida Figueroa, Realtor Associate 305 519-3199
I am renting a beautiful house(40065 square feet) in an exclusive gated community full of ammenities. Please let me know if you are interested in getting more information.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 15, 2008
Well, I'm just going to ask you one simple question: Where will you be working at? Public transportation in the Miami area is really bad and with the price of gas what it is I'm sure you do not wish to commute one hour each way. Look for a nice place based on your needs.
Welcome to Miami,
As everybody is saying it depends on your lifestile and budget.There are many good places to chose from,
I'd love to help you find the right one.
Hi Rosie my husband and I would like to move to Miami from Philly by next April since our lease is due then. We have a 3 year old and we are looking to move in Miami not far from Miami beach since I work for MAC Cosmetics and have plenty of options to transfer. My husband is looking to get a job in any high end restaurant to start while we get situated. We have a budget of course we want our mortgage to be no more than $1200 and 3 bedrooms. We don't mind something with MINIMUM work if that helps us with the price. Public transportation a must because we only have one vehicle. Nice area because our son and we will mostly do everything online since we are far.

Thank you VER MUCH! my email is
Flag Mon Apr 28, 2014
This is a great question. It depends on your lifestyle, Miami has a place for everyone. We have the beaches, plenty of entertainment, sports, golf, the best weather, the people, shopping, the cultures, the food and more. I lived in Miami most of my life and I would not live anywhere else. There is something for everyone here. Are you moving to Miami to retire, relocating because of work or moving away from the cold weather? It makes a difference. For example if you work in Downtown Miami, I suggest the Coral Gables, Coconut Grove area. If you work near Downtown Kendall, I suggest Pinecrest or South Miami. If you like the Florida Keys, maybe Homestead or Key Largo. Downtown Miami offers a lifestyle similar to New York, with new buildings full of amenities. Visit Miami and get a tour of the city. For more information visit my website.
Web Reference:
20 Minutes from miami is Weston Florida, I used to live there. Great location and Schools, Close to shopping areas and nice landscaping. Weston is a planed community of about 60,000 people.
I currently live in North Carolina if you need further info please feel free to ask.

Angelica Traub
Broker, Realtor
Web Reference:
Miami is the best place on earth (maybe I'm exaggerating), but there's something for everyone here and for me to tell you what areas are better would be an injustice. I think most of my colleagues have pointed out very important factors about lifestyle, children, proximity to the ocean, etc.

One thing to consider is where you will work because Miami is very large and long commutes back and forth to work can really put a hamper on things.

Take a look at our website and you will see "featured neighborhoods" at the top. Each of those featured neighborhood links will give you the location, a description and also local links. But keep in mind that there are many more neighborhoods in Miami that are great that are not mentioned on our blog.
Hope that helps!
Web Reference:
About Us
Our mission is to provide the best service possible to our customers and clients and to be ever mindful of your needs. We achieve true success only by placing you first.

Palace Properties International is a member of the Chamber of Commerce, Melbourne Area Association of Realtors, Florida Association of Realtors, National Association of Realtors and World Properties.

Whether you want to invest in California, Virginia, the Carolinas, Florida or elsewhere, we look forward to working with and for you, your family and your friends regarding your and their real estate pursuits. We take advantage of our elite and prestigious professional real estate network of top producing, pre-qualified Realtors that specialize in their respective geographical areas.
Company history
With a rich and diverse international background, the staff at Palace Properties International speaks nine languages, has lived and traveled in over 20 countries and possess multiple advanced postgraduate academic university degrees. Kelly and Mark Palace own the firm along with several other thriving businesses in central Florida.
Dear Miteh,
Congratulations on your decision to move to Miami. You are going to discover that depending on your budget, the world is your oyster!! And, the better news is that we don't think the market has finished dropping. We are a Chicago based company that specializes in helping people make decisions like you are about to make. Please read our Trulia Profile and consider calling us. We work with a firm in Miami that has proven to be very ethical and reliable, Ines Hegedu-Garcia. I will forward your request to her. Again, congratulations!!
Marian Schaffer
The Schaffer Realty Group
I agree with my colleague Maria. It depends on the lifestyle you wish to have and, mainly, on your budget. Miami is a very multicultural and international city which adds to its charm. In other words, it can please anybody’s whims. Do you have school aged children? Would you consider a condo with ocean views or rather live in a house? You need to ponder over these questions many others in order to reach a satisfactory decision for yourself. Go to to get in-depth information, and also fell free to contact me at your convenience. Ernesto Joubert 786.285.4962
Best areas in Miami? So many. It all depends in your lifestyle and budget. There's Coconut Grove, Brickell, Coral Gables, Pinecrest, Key Biscayne...
I'm from Chicago and I have a place in Aventura. It's considered N. Miami, just North of Bal Harbour. It's close to the beaches, awesome shopping(Aventura Mall is well known) restaurants and Gulf Stream race course. It takes me maybe 15-20 minutes to drive to South Beach. I absolutely love the location.

I usually fly into Ft. Lauderdale, less crowded than Miami Intl. and a short drive. It's a great place.

If you need an agent down there, I can refer you to one.

Laura Karambelas