General Area in Portland>Question Details

Michelle K, Renter in Portland, OR

Moving to the Portland area in March. Need advice about rentals!

Asked by Michelle K, Portland, OR Wed Jan 9, 2013

My husband and I have a 2 1/2 year old and will be looking for a 3 bedroom rental. We'd love to live in Hawthorne, Sellwood, or Alberta, but only have $1300 to spend on rent, so we are considering Beaverton. Safety, sense of community, great schools are very important to us. Anyone have advice on other options? Recommendations on areas in Beaverton to look?

Answers

5
Sales/ Admin’s answer
if your interested- i have a house under contract as i was going to buy it to fix it and resell it for a profit- I'm happy to sell it to you or anyone else "as is" and let you get the equity by doing the work-

id let it go for $255K (also a courtesy to brokers) its not on my website yet and its not listed in mls-
address is 4134 se 32nd ave- portland -

email me if your interested- i will close it before march , remodel it and list it for $365-$385K range
agents feel free to tell your other clients about it as well. As the lack of inventory heats up there will be far more demand by the time your ready to move and less inventory in the areas. let me know if you want more info on it- i do have oil tank results, radon, sewer and furnace inspections.
I just did a tour with some clients from Berkley and they were surprised at rent for the areas about $1400-$2800 for rent and not much available. Go to the trulia web site which is a mobil site and you can see all the homes on an area map and they show rentals by price with pictures. Good Luck Tom Inglesby
Hello Michelle,

If Schools and a sense of community are important to you, I would consider Tigard, Tualatin, and Sherwood. Great communities with a STRONG School District and class sizes much smaller than Beaverton. Also closer to some hip areas like Capital Hill, Burlingame and Multomah Village that will give you the feel of living in Trendy Alberta! ;)

Hope this helps!!

Paul Johnson
Agree with Tom, start looking now, rentals are very tight, may want to go ever farther west into Hillsboro, they have really good schools as well. Bust start now.
The price point you are at on the east side of town will not get you what you can get in beaverton. Our market is tight on rentals so if you are moving by march you need to find a place now. In Portland you have to go to the,school in your area, but you are a few years from starting grade school. I think you will be surprised how expensive those three very trendy areas are to live and they are in high demand. Good luck. Tom inglesby, broker remax equity group.