General Area in Vicksburg>Question Details

Moving On, Other/Just Looking in Vicksburg, MS

Moving to Vicksburg this summer but would prefer to Lease a home than to buy. Great references. Do we have any options?

Asked by Moving On, Vicksburg, MS Mon Jan 23, 2012

Answers

2
I recently put a house on the market for rent. It is 15 miles south of Vicksburg . 3 BR / w bath
I thought the same thing to rent vs buy, but after pricing rent it is cheaper to buy---I will also be moving here because of my husband's job, seems all the jobs are going south. My dilemea was I own a house. Which is mine when my husband and I married. We have lived here every since. There are a lot of foreclosures. I thought the maufactured homes were expensive and your resale value not so good. We will probably buy something cheap, because we still have the other mortgage. I will probably live in two states dependin?g on the judge because I have children from another marriage. Airfare is ridiculous and flights don't go out on the hour. I'm looking at 12,000 for the year---I am not a real estate person but I do my homework, I am a little conservative that way--hey maybe that should be my calling hahaha! but anyway--I found some foreclosures on line that have a silver lining I don't mind getting my hands dirty---I will be down there to look at the foreclosures in person in the summer, I also want to tell you there are many more foreclosures coming down the pipe line.
The other sugestion I have is get a good realtor that knows the areas and ask for what you are looking for. I contacted Katrina Gidget commans, she has been very helpful to me. I took her off the internet, I do not know anybody is Ms.
Are you a military family? The other thing that I would tell you, maybe get a roommate? Or a house that has been converted. Well if you have a family you'll need the space. Also how long your gonna be there, is it a
permanent move? I thought if I bought a trailer, and if my husband was temporary, we could always rent it, but try to pay cash, so if you decide not to stay you can always rent it, or pull the trailer off, or trade it in for a motorhome?
Also getting loans are very hard, that is why we have so much inventory, I personally would take a 3 bd brick bungalow vs a trailer, I lived in a nice trailer but summer was hot. And I love the heat!

Well wish you the best if you are going to go for buying, you must have preapproval first---I wish you the best and I hope it will all work out for you---

I am looking forward going to ms, I wanted a change, I hope my house hunt works out for me. Oh, I also thought of bringing my trailer down here into a camp site, but they wanted 500.00 a month to have all the hook ups, boy camping isn't the same when I was growing up, we used to sleep on quilts on the river, we didn't even have a tent, things have changed---

Best Wishes
Colleen