General Area in Houston>Question Details

Foximama2, Home Buyer in Brentwood, CA

Moving to Texas. Can anyone offer insight on the best family friendly areas within a 40 min drive to deer park? Any areas to avoid? Best school

Asked by Foximama2, Brentwood, CA Sun Nov 24, 2013

district? Any info- big or little is highly appreciated.
I see really high property tax rates so I'm assuming our max house price will be 350k (5bedroom with BIG yard) That should help narrow our margins considerably :D

Thanks in advance!

Answers

6
Thank you all for taking time out of your busy schedules to answer my questions.
I will be in touch with a few of you soon!

Here is a good link to several neighborhoods. Check it out and let me know if you have any more questions.

http://www.hereishouston.com/?q=node/43

Best wishes

Persis
REALM Real Estate Professionals
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
Welcome to Texas! CCISD where I currently live has some of the best schools in the state. In your price range there are lots of options. I currently live in Northfork subdivision which is adjacent to Pine Brook, Bay Oaks and others. Each of these subdivisions are approx. 15 to 20 minutes to the Deer Park area. If you have any other questions or interests, you can contact me at BillNorfolk57@gmail.com . I am a realtor with Centerline Real Estate. Thank you
Pasadena has several neighborhoods you might consider. It would be approx 7 miles from Deer Park. Clear Lake is 12 miles, Pearland is 18 miles. I work in the Northwest are so don't know this part of town very well. I would recommend an agent that is familiar with some of the areas I mentioned. Perform a search in Trulia on this property MLS # 98670327. See what agents are on that page and pick one with good reviews. They will be able to help you.

Good Luck,

Connie Inmon
RE/MAX
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013
Keep in mind on the property taxes that in Texas, there is no State Income Tax. Also the taxes you are seeing are the full amount. You will, once you purchase, file a homestead exemption that will reduce your property tax bill by about 10%.

A 40 minute commute would likely be no more than 10-13 miles. You can look due south in Pasadena or a bit farther to Clear Lake. Possibly a bit west in areas like Pearland and Friendswood. There are plenty of homes in that price range and the schools are very good as well. We can provide you information so you can research the schools to determine which one you feel is best.

We assist relocating buyers all the time and provide a ton of information, relocation packets (we can mail those to you), give you and your family a tour of the area and a lot more. I have 21 years of experience assisting buyers. Let me know if I can help. Will need more information at some point.

Thank you and good luck!

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
I am hoping to move to Texas early next year.I will be moving from Maryland.I will like to know some area.i am a nurse son I would be looking for nursing jobs ,I also have 4 kids so a safe environment and good schools will be great.Maybe somewhere in the counties
Flag Sat Nov 30, 2013
Thanks for your reply- we hope to rent for 6 months before buying. We've never been to this part of the country. Eeeeek! :p So not wanting to buy anything sight unseen...
I would not blame you. You can probably rent a apt. for 6 months and look. Most home leases ask for 1 year.
Flag Mon Nov 25, 2013