General Area in Miami>Question Details

angie, Renter in Miami, FL

Moving to Miami (from Chicago)

Asked by angie, Miami, FL Sat Mar 1, 2014

Moving in the next 3 months. I have a 17-YO son who will be entering his senior year in high school. Is moving to Brickell practical for a student? Are there good schools in this area?

Answers

10
Hello Angie:

I went to college at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale so I know your state very well. I was raised in Miami and know the Brickell area and the entire South Florida corridor. I am happy to educate you about living, working and playing in Miami and the do's and don't's. I have over 25 years experience and also have an 18 year daughter. So, I fully understand your concerns and what you are trying to achieve.

Please contact me at 954-415-1155 so that we can discuss further or you can email me at francescam@bellsouth.net

Francesca McFeely
Keller Williams Partners
Hi Angie! Welcome. Here is the information for the school. There are some options. All tuition free. The traditional public schools will depend where in Brickell you live. These include the following:
Booker T. Washington Senior High
Miami Senior High
Coral Gables Senior High
Also some magnets schools which are by application only based on academic performance or particular skills.
Charter Schools are tuition freeand do not have residential boundaries. They are some in the area but require an application due to limited capacity. Visit county's website for more information. http://charterschools.dadeschools.net/sh13.html.
Visit greatschools.org for school reviews and visit the schools to gain insight of curriculum. Good luck. Any questions feel free to contact me.

Jackie Nurse
First Service Realty
305-609-1232
nursejackiehomes@gmail.com
Good afternoon Angie,

There are many good areas in Miami that are desirable and where you choose to live will depend on a few factors including budget, desired amount of bedrooms, proximity to work etc.. Please call me and we can discuss further. In the meantime you can browse for neighborhoods in my website: http://www.MiamiForHomes.com.

Alberto Baca
The Keyes Company
305-218-2504
About Brickell Area....rents are from $2000 a month. Call me I know building with excellent amenities. 305 519-3199
Yes ... let me know where you want to move
HI

I would suggest doing a little research in areas you are considering . My dade county public school system has a great website with all the rankings of the schools . I would go on there and see where the best high schools are .

Samantha Tenzer Friedman
Tenzer Realty
Cell : 786 314 6100
Email: SamanthaTenzer@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.tenzersellshomes.com
I would recommend Palmetto Sr. High. Google it and check out the ratings of the schools. Brickell is condo city and not super family oriented. Pinecrest or Palmetto Bay would be a better choice and Palmetto Sr. is in that system. Call me if you have questions.

Pam Mayers
EWM Realty International
Top 2% in the Nation, Chairmans Club
Cell-305-216-5864
eluxuryhomesmiami.com
Angie,

Glad to hear you're making the switch! If I had to suggest a good high school, I would really take a look at Alonzo and Tracy Mourning High School as I have a lot of parents who have moved around Miami just to have their children attend.

Furthermore, Brickell is a very fast-paced environment that's generally tailored towards working professionals, in my opinion; but you won't know until you see it, right?

Take a look at my Trulia profile for my contact information and let me know if you should ever have any questions.

P.s. I've included a link to a website that may also be helpful to you as well.

Good luck and hope to speak with you soon!

Compton.
Hello Angie and welcome to ever warm South Florida! Please visit dadeschools.net for a guide to our school system. Feel free to visit my profile and choose to contact should you need any further assistance.
Hello Angie,

Welcome to Miami.

Brickell can be practical, there are good schools.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.

Pablo Torres,MBA
AF Realty,LLC
786-205-6988
http://www.miamibuyproperties.com