General Area in Houston>Question Details

sali006, Renter in Houston, TX

Moving to Houston for a Job at G. Bush Airport. Unfamiliar with the area & would love feedback for a nice clean place near IAH. Single guy alone 24yrs

Asked by sali006, Houston, TX Tue Jul 23, 2013

Answers

13
Welcome to Houston. Just a friendly warning: do NOT live in the Greenspoint area unless you like gangs, thugs, and drugs. The nickname it richly deserves from Houstonians is "Gunspoint." Greenspoint is a large area close to Bush, so be careful.

I recommend The Woodlands, but check the reviews of apartments online as they can be hit and miss. You can't go wrong with a house in the Woodlands BUT I assume you are renting at this time. That is a wise choice to rent until you "know" Houston as we have some BAD areas. Of course, we also have wonderful areas.

Congrats on the job and welcome!

Courtney
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 11, 2013

You are in luck! There are great options around Bush IAH. The Woodlands provides easy access and is a wonderful area. If you require closer access try Lake Houston, Humble or Summerwood. My office is actually located in this area. If you commute from Humble travel time is 10-15 minutes!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 24, 2013
The Woodlands is an option, but the heavily-trafficked 45 highway would make your commute less than desirable, unless you take the Hardy tollway. Other good options would be Fall Creek, Atascocita, or Kingwood.
Shane O'Neill
Realty Associates
832 233 2311
sdo2212@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 24, 2013
Spring is nice,about 20 minutes from the airport.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
Best thing to do is to get someone that specializes in the area you are interested in living in. Local realtors know the area best. (I do not know the IAH area, so I wouldn't be much help to you). There are good and bad areas everywhere. Get a good Realtor who really knows the area.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
Are you looking to buy or lease. Spring and the Woodlands are great areas to consider.

Teri Jo Nicholson
Houston Associates Realty
terijo1@comcast.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
Looking to rent an apartment
Flag Tue Jul 23, 2013

My name is Princess Williams I am a realtor in Houston, TX I specialize in the area in which you're searching!
I'd love to help you find your home and will negotiate in which the terms you are wanting!

Please feel free to call or email me at anytime!
(832)304-1847
pw@viphoustonrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
Eagle Springs would be ideal or an area such as Summerwood or Lakeshore. These area's are easily accessible for a commute up the road to IAH. If you have questions or need more information about the area please do not hesitate to call, text or email.

By the way some really great deals in the Eagle Springs area right now!

Kyle Farmer
Keller Williams The Woodlands
832-896-3779
farmergroupinc@gmail.com
Have you found a home yet? I'd like to suggest the subdivision of Enchanted Oaks (in Spring) built in the mid-70s. Homes range from the low $100,000s up to $250,000. It is a neighborhood of 800 homes with a strong HOA, a private park and lake, clubhouse with tennis courts, Olympic size swimming pool, and a large gym plus several miles of walking trails. The lots are large with many beautiful old trees. The school district, Klein ISD, is highly acclaimed as one of the best in Harris County (important for resale even if you do not have children in the school system). Crime rates are very low (and widely available). It is a most pleasant and quiet place to live.

If you're interested I know of two lovely homes for sale in the neighborhood. You can email me at

The drive to IAH via 1960 is literally about 20 minutes (I saw several people mentioned The Woodlands as being a 15 minute drive to IAH, but I swear I've lived here many years and there is no way anyone could get from the middle of The Woodlands to ANY parking lot at IAH in 15 minutes unless they were driving 80 mph at midnight. :) It IS possible under the best of circumstances to drive straight down I-45 from the edge of The Woodlands to the exit ramp for IAH in 15 minutes... but you'd still be at least 15-20 minutes to the closest parking lot. Just sayin'.

Thanks... and Welcome to the Houston area!
Hello Sali, when are you planning to move? I am assuming you are looking for a place to rent. Are you looking for an apartment or a home?

The Woodlands is good and accessible to the Airport - lots of restaurants, shopping, etc., and close to Conroe, if you like to go to the lake. You can also look around the Fallbrook area. If you don't mind driving, you can go to Kingwood/Atascosita as well.

Much of what you rent depends on the area you choose, when you are moving, and of course your budget. If you have pets, you will have additional deposit.

If you have specific questions, please call or email me at the contact below.

Persis
persis.realtor@gmail.com
713-294-7747

Whether you're buying or leasing finding realtor who is going to help you get what you want is a key. I will love to help you located the home that fit your needs; there are many nice areas around there.

Feel free to call me.

Thank you
Muna Farah
Coldwell Banker United, REALTORS
5111 Bellaire Blvd, Bellaire, Texas 77401
832-518-9288
713-349-7230 Office
713-349-9912 Fax
Mfarah@cbunited.com
Sali,

The areas around the "big" airport are mostly suburbs. Nice communities big and small. You may have heard of "The Woodlands", only 15 min away. Most of these areas are family oriented with parks, community pools and great schools. This doesn't mean a single person can't live there. Tons of restaurants, shopping but not as much night life. Lake Houston is close and Lake Conroe only 45 min away if you like fishing and boating.

Inner loop areas could offer a wider variety of entertainment like major sports stadiums, live entertainment such as opera, symphony and Broadway shows plus more high scale eating options. Prices in these areas for sale and lease can be a bit more expensive.

Working with an experienced Realtor that works all of these areas would be a plus for you. Many, like me, work with renters and buyers. Let us know if we can send you a Houston relocation packet with information on the Houston and surrounding areas.

Welcome to Houston!

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
If you are looking to buy I have a very nice place minutes from the airport listed at $76,500. Your house payment would be lower than renting an apartment. Give me a call so we can discuss it. 281-798-4100.