General Area in Mahwah>Question Details

taylorjsmith…, Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

Moving my family to New Jersey

Asked by taylorjsmith27, Tampa, FL Mon Jun 18, 2012

I will be moving to New Jersey with my wife and 7 year old son. I will be working in Mahwah, NJ. I am looking for a good/safe area to rent that has a good elementary school for my son. My income will be around $85,000. Target price would be less than $1,500. Any towns that you suggest to look?

Answers

8
Pamela Stetson’s answer
Good morning --- if you have not found your new rental --- give me a buzz. I live and work in Mahwah and I would be happy to help you find your home. There are several new opportunities on the market now for spring.
Al is correct, the $1500 rent is a tough one there are not too many avaialble.

It depends on what you are used to.. a lot of agents will respond to you with call me, call me...that is jus to get you to call them, but realistically? the $1500 is a tough number.

Someone in the Mahwah area, post the MLS listings link here and help Talyor out!

This way he can see what is going on in the market in the Mahwah and surrounding areas, provide your expertise and maybe the guy will call you for help!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 18, 2012
If you are moving to North Jersey there are so many towns with great schools. To find a few great rentals go to:
http://www.bergencountyhomesearcher.com/

I'm responding your request from Trulia.com.

I live in Mahwah for 16 yrs. and am a local real estate agent in this area for 11 yrs. If you can send me your criteria and expection on what type of property that you are looking, I should be able to search it for you and provide you the local market information soon.

Please feel free to contact me at my cell No. 551-804-8253 or home office No. 201-529-8282 at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Susan Su

Morgan Realty Consultants LLC

201-529-8282 / 551-804-8253 (cell)
e-mail: shujn@aol.com
Whoops! I meant Ridgewood. Thanks Taylor.
There are several great towns. Rodgewood and Hasbrouck Heights are nice. I live in Saddle Brook. Also a nice family community. Please contact me at sscala@leconterealty.com or 201-679-9644. Please include exactly what you are looking for. How many bedrooms, baths? Laundry? Use of yard? Do you have any pets? Please provide more info so I can start looking for you. When do you need to move?

Sharon Scala, Agent, LeConte Realty
This is Jersey. It is gong to be tough to find a rental in that range which meets your criteria !
There are some great rentals in Mahwah (condos & townhomes) and good schools there also. Contact me when you are ready for your move. I can also recommend some reputable moving companies in the area.

Hope to hear from you.

Carolynn Monaco, Licesnded Sales Associate
Prominent Properties Sothebys International Realty
Ridgewood, New Jersey
201-639-5555 Office.....ask for Carolynn