General Area in Los Angeles>Question Details

Sarah, Home Buyer in Newport Beach, CA

Moving from Newport Beach to Los Angeles. What neighborhoods are best for young children (schools, parks,etc)?

Asked by Sarah, Newport Beach, CA Sat Jun 14, 2008

We love the feel of Newport Beach...can we find that around Los Angeles proper?

Answers

8
Hi Sarah,

Our company focuses on helping people in precisely your situation. We have a photographer in Los Angeles who can visit all of the areas that you are interested in, including schools and parks, and take photographs for you. Please visit our website and let me know if we can be of assistance. All the best!

Daniel
If you are moving to Los Angeles and interested in good schools, check out the Westchester area. Best wishes to you.
Harrison K. Long
Realtor and Broker
Explore Group Properties, Coldwell Banker Previews
Check out our great web site for property searching at
http://www.BuyersExploreHomes.com
Hi there Sarah, I would consider Brentwood, Santa Monica, Manhattan Beach, Pacifi Palisades,
The Schoools awill differ considerably form City to City. Ypou should consider Magnet Schools. Youc an search for these schools and properties close to them easilty from my site. Just click on Find Homes, input counties and citiues and then it will pull all the properties close to the best schools

Kind Regards
Michael Barron
Realtor/MBA
First Team Real Estate
Check out http://www.greatschools.net
I like Manhattan Beach & the schools have a great reputation. I live in Larchmont Village in Hancock Park south of Hollywood & there are tons of familes, parks and a great walking/shopping street. Third street school & Larchmont Charter have great reputations - getting in to those schools depends on where you buy & for the Charter school, a lottery. I also like Burbank for their schools & parks & shopping/eating. Call me if I can help. Eileen Lanza Keller Williams 323.810.7935 http://www.eileenlanza.com
Sarah, where in Los Angeles are you considering?

There are several neighborhoods with excellant schools both public and private.

Will you be renting or buying? Some areas are pricier than others.

This all fits into the equation.

My market area is Westside Los Angeles and am most familiar with the neighborhoods of Brentwood, Westwood, West LA, Venice, Marina Del Rey and the Cities of Santa Monica and Beverly Hills.

Let me know if I can be of help.

Franklin Farinas
Coldwell Banker Brentwood Court
310-979-3950
Hi Sarah,

Are you talking about LA proper or its environs? If you want to be very near the city and enjoy good schools and close to the beach, I would suggest the Brentwood area or Pacific Palisades. E-mail me, I know of this new construction in the Brentwood area that's close to a magnet school. Good Luck.
Laarni
Newport is going to be hard to compete with! You might like Manhattan Beach,but for family friendly areas you can't been my neighborhood of Culver City. We have parks galore and a very good school district. There is information on it on my website.
Hi there Sarah! There are a few nice areas with great schools and family atmosphere. Right off the top of my head, Santa Monica above Wilshire Blvd is a great school district, Brentwood is excellent, Beverly Hills has excellent schools although you have to be inside city limits, otherwise you are in Los Angeles. Also there is the Wonderland school district in the Hollywood Hills.

There are numerous websites where you can check the local schools for a particular address. Schoolfinder.com is one i believe.

Let me know if I can be of service to you in your home search and the areas I mentioned are my expertise!