General Area in 30281>Question Details

Ann, Home Buyer in

Moving from FL to GA and looking into Stockbridge area. Any recommendations: safe area, not so congested?

Asked by Ann, Sun Jun 15, 2008

traffic, not far from stores etc.,

Answers

9
Hi, Ann,

Stockbridge is very conveniently located just South of the Atlanta airport. Served by both I-75 & I-675, you can easily access the North - South or East - West corridors. Henry Medical Center sits just to the South, while a great Kaiser Permanente medical facility serves central Stockbridge and vicinity. The best way to get to know an area is to spend a few days driving around and getting familiar with the amenities available of which Stockbridge has many. You will find plenty of restaurants, shopping, a movie theater, and much more.

As for congestion, I-75 may not always be your best option, but great alternatives are available. You may want to consider Hwy 42/23, 138 or I-675, depending on your intended direction.

Hope this information helps! Enjoy your search :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 20, 2008
Ann,
Depending on your money Eagles Landing is a gated community high dollar homes! Then you have Monarch Village which is like a community in itself very congested. My suggestion is the Kellytown area this is a Country settings; moderately priced homes great schools!!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 20, 2008
Ann
Stockbridge is a good location. You would be close to shopping and medical facilities. The traffic can be a problem, especially if you are traveling interstate 75 on a daily basis.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 16, 2008
Not my area but the BEST in that area is
Richard Weisser, Associate Broker, E-Pro ERA United Realty, Auctioneer, CE
Company: Coweta Fayette Real Estate, Inc. ERA United Realty

Website URL: http://CowetaFayetteRealEstate.com

Office Phone: (770) 683-8400 Ext.: 364
Cell Phone: (770) 827-6225
Fax Number: (770) 693-8401
Address: P.O. Box 848 , Sharpsburg, GA, 30277
Description: Tired of do-nothing brokers that put a sign in the yard & wait? My one-of-a-kind marketing plan does what the others cannot do, at any price. Do NOT list with anyone else until you
call 770-827-6225.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 15, 2008
If you are looking for a 3 bd/2 bath with swimming pool and a 30x40 garage then email me at rdmpropertysolutions@gmail.com. My name is Mary.
I have a very pretty house for sale by owner I would love to email you pictures it is in the best area with the best school system I love my house but have to move out of town. Send me your email jherring04@windstream.net
Stockbridge is a great place to live. There are parts of Stockbridge that can get congested, just avoid them . . . . it is a big town. I live here and buy/sale homes here too.
It depends on the part of Stockbridge you are considering. I don't know why another poster mentioned Woodstock- that is clear on the other side of Atlanta. Anyway, if you are on the Eagle's Landing side of Stockbridge, it can be quite nice- quiet, not too congested (unless the golf tournament is in town). If you are on the end closer to 138, there is a definite difference. I've lived in the area for 10 years and have just started seeing the decline in my area, but I see other areas building up and improving dramatically.
Yea Stock Bridge not a good place heck no,,,,,,,,Woodstock area is very nice and parts of mcdonough...The school's very poor........Stay out of Stockbridge if you can....