General Area in Tampa>Question Details

bdmech, Renter in Tampa, FL

Moving 2 Tampa from Atl I mak 60k a yr family of 4 where should I look for places w/ low crime nice schools close to downtown beach

Asked by bdmech, Tampa, FL Sun Jul 7, 2013

Answers

7

I would recommend looking at Beach Park, which is just a couple miles outside of downtown and a very respectable neighborhood. Also, if you are looking for financing, we can get your loan approved in 24-48 hours and Cleared to Close pending a clean appraisal and title report in 7-10 business days. Feel free to give me a call so that we can talk about your financing needs whenever you get the chance.

Thank you!

Antonio Barnett
Senior Loan Officer
Cell: 614.806.1659
Antonio.Barnett@MovementMortgage.com
movementmortgage.com/antonio.barnett
2701 N Rocky Point Dr, Tampa, FL 33607
NMLS# 287888
If you want to be near the Beach look at Pinellas County (St Pete, Clearwater, Largo, Seminole, etc....) DT ST Pete is nice. Old North East is nice. DT St Pete is smaller than DT Tampa. Both are small compared to Atlanta.

There is no down town immediately adjacent to the Beach...... both DT TPA & DT ST Pete are close to the water (the Bay)....but the Bay is not the Beach....
It sounds like you could use an agent to help you find what you're looking for. If you're not familiar with the Tampa area, it's best to work with an agent who can narrow down the areas you may be interested in. Let me know if I can help.

Margaret Hassani
Broker, Lightning Realty
Innovation and Experience
(813) 766-1501
Fax (813) 443-0118
zzmarg@gmail.com
http://www.LightningRealtyFL.com
In this order...Westchase, Citrus Park & Carrolwood.
There are many nice parts of town. South Tampa, Plant High School district, is very nice close to everything but tends to be pricey and taxes are high. The Northwest Suburbs, Oldsmar, Westchase, Citrus Park and Carrollwood are also great while less expensive.If you wouls like more details, contact me at any time.
Based on your income you may qualify for around $1500 a month. Which could place in the top price of $230,000 . Of course other factors like credit and debt may change this.
If you start form this basis and payment you are looking for you can start to narrow your property search down.
What you will find is your answer will vary with agents based on the areas they live in.
Start with school ratings , location of employment, and lifestyle you would like to live. Draw a baseline circle of drive time to work , usually 30 minutes. This will help narrow down the possible areas for you.
What you will find Tampa Bay is made of several wonderful areas to live , work and play.
When I hear a question like this I wonder what is the public perception of Tampa. There are MANY safe areas of Tampa- There are so many variables left open in your question. How much would you like to spend on a house? Some people like to make their house the biggest investment they have, while others like to live modestly and have more discretionary spending. I would focus on what are your family's needs. Is there a specific hobby that you would like to be near facilities. Are there children that you would like to find athletic programs or specific educational needs. I assume you will be working downtown, What kind of commute are you willing to make. Downtown Tampa has many different main roads to the downtown area that many suburban areas are a 15 to 20 minute drive (longer depending on traffic).
Feel free to contact me and I can help you get started.