General Area in Moorpark>Question Details

Caroline, Home Buyer in Simi Valley, CA

Moorpark or Simi valley? We're trying to decide which city to focus on our house hunt. We're looking for a family friendly and safe

Asked by Caroline, Simi Valley, CA Sat Apr 17, 2010

neighborhood with good schools and lots of open space or parks for hiking, biking, etc.

Answers

2
Bonnie Sterling-Realtor’s answer
Hi Caroline, I notice that you asked a similar question about a year ago. I checked because I thought I had answered one from you before. I am wondering. You're still looking? In the time that has passed have you visited some of the neighborhoods? Are you recieving home from an MLS or online service that will help you determine this. I think that to meet your needs you might like Wood Ranch, excellent hiking and parks and schools. You might like Indian Hills, good proximity and on the east side. If you are looking in Moorpark, where your question is posted, there is a lot of hiking up at Campus Canyon, near the college and I have a listing on Bending Oak that is near open space. Check out the link. It is a fantastic home, great neighborhood. Let me know if I can begin to personally help you. It can be three years or three months before you are ready to purchase, I'll be here.
If you are concerned about safety, your best source of information is the local police department, why not visit/call and ask all your questions, they'll gladly help. As for the schools, keep in mind opinions are often suggestive and what may be good for one is not necessarily the case for another--visit the school district, ask for a tour of the facilities, speak to the principal, teachers, etc., then make your determination--will your comfort level be reached. If you are not too familiar with the areas do drive through the neighborhood(s) more than once and at different times of day, look at everything of importance, possibly chat with locals, etc., then make your determination--will you be happy living there.