General Area in 08831>Question Details

Scorpio, Other/Just Looking in Edison, NJ

Monroe Forsgate v/s Old Bridge Heritage Woods

Asked by Scorpio, Edison, NJ Thu Apr 16, 2009

I am still contemplating on which town to choose. All things being equal I feel Monroe goes at about $165/SF while OB/Morganville are in 195/SF range. Add to it monroe has less taxes rel to OB. So you get more for less. Any opinions on why this is the case. Monroe is cheaper than OB? Commute is equal if you live near Rt 9 in OB and NJTP in Monroe..

Answers

6
Scorpio,

Since you are a young couple I still feel Monroe is a better place due to the schools and taxes are lower. However, I would not advise you to chose a location until you have been out and saw some homes with a realtor. I would be happy to help you since I know and sold in both locations. If you are interested you can reach me anytime on my cell.

Allie Matthews
Orange Key Realty
732 718-6515 cell
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 27, 2009
Scorpio,

I would without a doubt go with Monroe Twp. There is a much larger selection of doctors and ammenities are readily available. As far as Old Bridge the taxes are higher and you get less for the money. It all depends on what your priorities are, you have a bigger selection in Monroe as well including in house nurses and golf courses if you should be inclined to play.

Allie Matthews
Orange Key Realty
732 718-6515
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 24, 2009
Scorpio,

As a realtor and a Monroe resident I would still recommend Monroe over Old Bridge for you. The taxes are lower and it is a great community to live in. That is one of the reasons I chose to live here. If you need any further help or would like to talk to me about anything feel free to contact me anytime.

Allie Matthews
Orange Key Realty
732 718-6515 cell

I personally recommend Moroe due to low taxes and you will get more to your monies you spend.

Also, the school district is a good one. Recently, my real estate broker purchased a home in Moroe and she is very happy. Our office sold more than 25 New Single family homes in Monroe- New Development(Woods at Monroe) -By CENTEX Homes on Spotswood Gravel Hill Road in past two years.
We do tremendous business in the area.
You can certainly look for schools at http://www.greatschools.net and compare monroe schools with other districts.
You can also reach me at my Cell# 732-277-9321 from 6:00am-9:00pm-Seven days a week.
You can also search in Moroe on you own thru my website at http://www.vishalmaher.shutterfly.com

Hope to hear from you soon.

Vishal Maher
Richa Realty
Cell# 732-277-9321
We are just two of us at this point but looking for place we can raise kids and get value for money. I commute to Newport and my wife works around central jersey. And we are late twenties - early thrities couple. Now medical, nurses, golf etc are not for us. But yes lively town, easy commute and good school some time 5 yrs later is something we are looking for? Considering that, should we pay higher taxes and higher avgcost/sqft in Old Bridge or settle for Monroe..
Scorpio,

Monroe Townshipo is over 50% adult communitires and as a results caters to the 55+ hownerownerhsip, therefore, in terms of price p/sq footage and taxes.

When counseling those who desire to enter into to the active adult community environmen, based on my and my familily's own experiences, I ask:

is the saving of price per sq footage worth the inability of a loved one to immediately come to their aide in times of need?

Are the appropriate doctors avaiable within distance?

In counseling downsizers (33% of my business is with those who are downsizing), I cannot stress enough how important it is to have family nearby in times of need. While you may pay less in price p/sq footage, it just doesn't compare to having loved ones within distance i times of need.

Loave ad Peace
Francesca Patrizio, Realor, ePro, unofficial Adulult community speciaist
732.606.2931.
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com