General Area in Moyock>Question Details

Jackie, Home Buyer in South Norfolk, Chesa...

Military families living in NC, Moyock??? Was is a smart move?

Asked by Jackie, South Norfolk, Chesapeake, VA Thu Sep 17, 2009

We are a military family and my husband is stationed on NOB. We are thinking of moving to North Carolina (Moyock), can anyone tell us were is the best place to live that is not to far from the base? And can anyone tell us what the commute is like? I have heard the commute wasn't that bad, but I have heard some complaints as well.

Answers

3
My house is move-in ready, and in Moyock! Great town, great house, great deal! 104 Creekside Drive, Moyock, I have many neighbors who are in the military.
We are a military family who lived in Moyock for 8yrs. We lived in Tulls Bay Colony and we loved it! Good people! We were transfered or we would have stayed. It was perfect rural living 30 min from the city. It may be farther away, but it's a straight shot at 55 mph with few red lights. The new Walmart (across the st. from Target) is 15min away. Taxes are significantly cheaper than VA also. Our house is on the market at 1320 Tulls Creek Rd, but I'd recommend Moyock even if it wasn't:)
Jackie,

It is not a bad commute at all. There are many military families that live in this area and commute daily. There are great schools and low taxes. Give me a call and I will be happy to discuss what your criteria is and maybe schedule a few homes for you to look at and get a feel for the area.

Best Wishes,
Eva Foster
252-619-0879