General Area in Miami Beach>Question Details

Mark, Home Buyer in 17401

Miami Beach Commute

Asked by Mark, 17401 Mon Jan 17, 2011

One factor in my search for a condo in Miami Beach and nearby areas (N. Miami Beach, Biscanye, etc...) is the concentration of employers, both in Miami Beach and downtown Miami. Can anyone tell me what's the average commute during rush hour from Miami Beach to Miami in the AM and back in the PM?

Also, how good is the public transit from Miami Beach to downtown Miami or the airport?

Regardig traffic in Miami Beach, Brickell and Downtown. In my opinion and from my experiences as both a realtor and someone who has lived on South Beach and downtown near the arena this is what I would say about traffic.

In general Brickell can be a nightmare to navigate. Currently there is road construction on Brickell Avenue which is expected to last for some time. The road construction combined with the bridge (it goes up to let boats pass) can add a good 15 minutes to your commute. If you choose a condo west of Brickell in Neo Vertika or Lattitude you can avoid a majority of this.
Dowtown near the Arena - Although there is often events at the Arena basketball games, concerts ect... you can leave your condo and head two blocks west and get on the interstate pretty easily. The events usually take place during the evening so it doesn't really affect the commute. If you are heading to the beach and the causeway is backed up it's pretty easy to jump on the Venetian causeway.
Beach traffic is beach traffic, it takes a while to get from one place to another but once you get to one of the causeways it smooth sailing.

If you would like me to help you navigate your way into a new condo feel free to contact the Rachelle Hirt Group at 305-491-6458
around 25 a 30 minutes
please call me for more information

I use public transportation in Miami, Miami Beach, Aventura and South Broward County. I can say from experience- MDT is super! Depending on your line of work... Downtown may or may net be where the jobs are. Depending on where in Miami Beach to Downtown Miami and vice-versa ~ the commute couls be as little as 20 minutes. The schedules and time-table are viewable at MDT's site.

Aventura | Bal Harbour | Sunny Isles Beach | Surfside | Bay Harbor Islands | Keystone Point | Sans Souci | Eastern Shores | South Beach | Golden Shores | North Miami Beach | Indian Creek Village | The Islands of Miami Beach | Coral Gables | Coconut Grove | Las Olas | Palm Beach | Highland Beach | Downtown Miami
Randall is right... It's about 15-20 minutes on average. Unfortunately we do not have the best public transportation. Buses take about 30 minutes going both off and onto the beach.
Hi Mark,

Leaving the beach shouldn't be too bad in the morning. Once your on the expressways you will encounter traffic towards downtown, however the commute in terms of distance is not alot. Should you be headed towards the airport your commute will be opposite the major traffic in the morning. I would tell you that regardless you will need every bit of 45-60 minutes for early morning commutes. Going home will be about the same from the airport area but should be easier from downtown.
Traveling from North Miami Beach-Biscayne area towards the south will be opposite traffic which is heavier heading north, but the same amount of time will be required, if not a little more to hit the airport.

Good Luck and if I may help you in your search, please don't hesitate to e-mail or call at your convenience and I will send you a list of available condos for rent or sale in the area via e-mail.
fifteen to 20 mins. give or take