General Area in Atlanta>Question Details

Scot Poore, Other/Just Looking in Atlanta, GA

Market Analysis Question - Scot Poore

Asked by Scot Poore, Atlanta, GA Tue Jul 9, 2013

I am MBA student at Georgia Institute of Technology, and I am doing research on market analysis for real estate research and listing services. I am trying to find out how Trulia collects the information for Local Info, specifically for the commuting, schools, points of interest, amenities, crime rates, quality of life, natural hazards. Is there a central data source for this information or do you use a third party to retrieve this information.

Thank you for your time.

Scot Poore

Answers

7
Scot, Trulia most likely purchase this from other vendors rather than creating or collecting this data on their own. The executives and founders frequently post on Inman News this may be a source for you and there are analysts and reviewers that follow Trulia and the 3rd party data providers also posting on Inman. This would be a good source. Searching LinkedIn is another good source. If you don't have a large network send me your e-mail, I have a one of the largest real estate networks including 476 present and former Trulia employees including the founder and CEO that will provide you 2nd or 3rd degree connection access to them. Let me know your billing rate and availability, from time to time we have complex research assignments suitable for someone with your background.

Bruce Ailion,
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
An Atlanta Real Estate Expert Serving Clients Since 1979
CRS, CRB, ABR, MSRE, CDPE, CIAS, e-PRO, ESQ
Certified Residential Specialist
Certified Real Estate Broker
Accredited Buyers Agent
MS Real Estate and Urban Affairs
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Certified Investment Agent Specialist
203K Certified Specialist
Attorney
2050 Roswell Road
Marietta GA 30062
404-978-2281 Direct
404-386-3682 Assistant Robin
678-760-6266 Buyer’s Agent Adam
770-973-9700 Office
bruce@locationlocationlocation.com
http://www.LocationLocationLocation.com
The Linked In REALTOR
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceailion
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 9, 2013
Hi Scot,

I noticed that your inquiry mentions commuting. I just found a great website that helps a home buyer make an informed decision when it comes to efficient commutes. Go to http://www.Windemere.com. Results reflect rush-hour conditions based on departure time. The debut of this site was just days ago.

I hope this helps,
Patricia Queen
BRIGHTSTAR at Keller Williams Midtown
Trulia uses lots of third parties - we all do. Data is nearly overwhelming, so when folks like CoreLogic and the DOT gather data and compile it for public dissemination or for private sale, you gotta know that Trulia can't do all the number crunching by themselves.

You might want to call into Trulia HQ and ask for marketing - pitch your pitch to every relevant person you can talk to and ask for stuff like:

1. may I attend the next conference or trade show where Trulia will be present? (There's one coming up in August in the A)

2. may I attend a few webinars - maybe get some access to press releases

I'm sure that they have some high-level stuff that they can give you.

Check out Trulia's blog for stuff like their two day class on safe data use for journalists.

See the web reference for a link to their blog.

Trulia is cool like that.

PS - Stop using email and Trulia Voices Q&A to attempt to get what you want. Pick up the phone and call people...
Taylor,

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any contact numbers or Trulia's HQ number? I tried calling Trulia directly, but I did not get very far.
Flag Mon Jul 15, 2013
Does anyone know any contact information on how to contact Trulia personnel directly? I have email Trulia, but I have not gotten any responses back yet. Thanks!

-Scot
Specifically Trulia you will need to contact them directly
Need to ask Trulia this question. Good luck!
Hello, Scot. I am not sure about the internal workings of Trulia, but if I can be of any help to you in your study please contact me. I am located in Suffolk County, New York (Long Island).