General Area in Tampa>Question Details

Sam, Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

Looking to relocate to Tampa area from CT. Want newer construction in an up and coming neighborhood. Best Schools is a must. Neighborhood?

Asked by Sam, Tampa, FL Wed Aug 25, 2010

What neighborhoods should i be looking at? We LOVE Bayshore Blvd area and SoHo, but want something a bit more suburban. Close to water would be fabulous.

Answers

12
Sam,
South Tampa does offer some new construction choices, not to mention well rated schools. There are also some terrific communities within 15 minutes of South Tampa, which might be worth looking into. We would recommend a consultation to determine the best alternatives for you and your family, plus the chance to discuss quality builders in the Tampa Bay area. We would also suggest working with a full time, accredited buyers representative to assure you an experienced Realtor is representing your needs. Call or email us with any questions directly.

The Ward Team, ABR, CLMMS, CPDE
Keller Williams Tampa
813-319-6236
http://www.BestHomesInTampaBay.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 29, 2010
Sam,
As a fellow northeasterner who relocated here from NJ some time ago I can definately relate to many of the aspects you are currently considering. I recognize the importance of education in your message and would want to know first and foremost the ages of your child (children), for advice as to where the best placement would be. Schools are not the same here in Florida as they are in the Northeast.
If you are not familiar with the Tampa area than there is a lot to discover!!! Depending on you're price range, taxes, insurance, potential sinkhole areas..... will play a huge part in your decisions. You're decision to live on the water will be heavily influenced by homeowners insurance, it's not cheap.....
I invite you to contact me directly at 813-849-8554 to discuss your needs and desires at this time. As the relocation director here for our office it is imperative you make sure you find a highly professional, FULL Time, buyer's agent to work on your behalf.
Yours to count on,
Mark Zabilowicz
Relocation Coordinator
Weichert Realtors Day & Associates
Mark@Homes4UinTampa.com
Hey Sam,
I lived in the Town and Country area in Tampa, which was a great experience for me being from up North. Tampa definitely has many diverse areas that make it unique and enjoyable place to live. Palm Harbor is where my girlfriend and I reside now, and we both agreed that it is central located area that is close to many activities.Great neighborhoods, schools, restaraunts, parks, beaches (of course), and we find it to be 20 minutes away to anywhere and ay town. At least that is the way I like to think of it, but trust your gut, and good luck with your search!
One area to consider is Davis Island, surrounded by water, right near downtown and Bayshore, but more peaceful. A bonus on Davis Island is the Davis Island Yacht Club as well; mostly a sailor's club. They have sailing lessons available for youngsters as well as other young adult acitivites. Plus they have a great sunset view from their club house. Davis Island is priced like other South Tampa locations, so it may or may not meet your price point. Access to water and landside activities is super.

A more relaxed and suburban area is Apollo Beach. It has lots of direct water and near water newer construction--all within minutes to the Bay on the eastern shore.

More details would be needed to best serve your requirements, so please feel free to call me or email me, and I would be delighted to be of assistance to you. I'm a boater as well and love the water. I just sold to a buyer from Missouri who drove his boat down to his new home and placed it in his garage last week. He's going fishing this Sunday!

Tampa Bay area is not far from bodies of water, so I'm sure youre requirements could be met for both schools and water. Just contact me, and we can get started.

You can start now by going to my special website for buyers and open up a homes serach account at:

cjacob4homes.listingbook.com

and search for homes like an agent.

Good luck -- you will love living here as I do.

Carol Jacob
Signature Realty Associates
813-679-3180
Hi Sam,

I relocated from CT to Tampa several years ago an am living in a home that was new construction. There are many areas in the Tampa Bay area that will meet your needs. Determining factors may be your commute and price range. Most times it is a feel you have when you go into a community. You can search my website and then feel free to ask questions. Good Luck! You'll love it here.
Hi Sam,

Westchase is a well maintained community and is convenient to some of the best Pinellas County Beaches and an easy commute to the Westshore Business district and Downtown. Zip code 33626

Fishhawk Ranch is a nice community with good schools but you have to be okay with living out in the middle of nowhere and definitely a long commute to the nicest beaches in Pinellas County.

Palm Harbor will give you a longer commute to Tampa but the schools are great and you are very close to the beach.

You can browse listings and get more details than most realtor websites, just sign up for a Listingbook account on my site: http://www.SoldOnTampa.com

All my best,
Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty

813.244.9898
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
Your price range is ultimately going to determine your choice of neighborhoods.
What part of town will you be working in and how far are you willing to commute?

Check out this link for some useful relocation tools:
http://www.flapropertyfinder.com/Relocation/page_1531721.html

Michael Valdes
e-Pro Realtor/ Mtg Broker, TRC, CPMS
Certified in REO/ Distressed Properties
The FlaPropertyFinder.com Team
(813) 262-0566
There are many areas in Tampa that have great schools. Another factor that I would need to know is lifestyle - you mentioned you want to be close to water. If you want boating then a community in Apollo Beach (pricing from $200K to $1.9M) would work well. If direct boating access isn't important and you enjoy a community with alot of family style amenities then Fishhawk would be great (pricing from $115K to over $1m) and they have A+ rated schools. There are many other areas as well, would just need to know a little more about requirements in the home and community.

Call if I can be of assistance in any way.
Debbi Tinker
(813) 263-0932
Sam, it would really depend on your price range and how close to the water you want to be along with commute. There are numerous areas that would work and I would be glad to assist you, or you can search for all area listings at http://www.BestTampaHome.com or http://www.TampaHome Specialist.com.

By the way, I am originally from Westport, CT. What area of CT are you from?

Jeff Launiere
813-469-3163
No doubt about it, if you have kids Fishhawk Ranch is the place to be.

Mike
Well, this really depends on your price range... What are you looking to spend? I know of a great community near the water that is developing new construction homes in South Tampa and in some surrounding areas.

If you would like I could send you over some information regarding this community and/or we could narrow down your criteria to get you in an area you would love.

Feel free to contact me, so that we may speak a bit more in detail outside of Trulia messaging.

Mike Grizzell
The Mike & Michelle Team
http://www.MikeandMichelleTeam.com
(813) 965-1133
mike.grizzell@floridamoves.com

Coldwell Banker South Tampa
2201 Swann Ave
Tampa, FL 33606
Another great area would be just south of Tampa - Mira Bay, Mira Lago, Apollo Beach, Riverview, etc.